• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

anyone running 5.5" susp.lift with 2" body lift?

gearida

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Newburgh, IN
Contributor status for Pictures required

Here is a 5.5" with a 2" still in production.

Attachments

• 8-08 002.jpg
    8-08 002.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 110

NY-Bronco

Resident Dipstick
Loc.
Weehawken, NJ
or you can use the image tags

image_16296f.jpg

blazinchuck

Bronco Guru
heres my buddy's...5.5 monster duff w/rear 4 link and 2" BL. currently sitting on 35" MT's...I think he's bought to get 37 pit bull's for it

P1020450.jpg

P1020449.jpg

allenfahey

Bronco Guru
Here's mine with 5.5 suspension and 3 body. Currently with 38's but might go 39.5 or 42's.

Attachments

• January snow storm 003.jpg
    January snow storm 003.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 93

Buddy's 70

heres my buddy's...5.5 monster duff w/rear 4 link and 2" BL. currently sitting on 35" MT's...I think he's bought to get 37 pit bull's for it

P1020450.jpg

P1020449.jpg

That's the lift I'm interested in, but not sure if it's worth the extra shipping cost since I live on the West coast. Whatever I get, I plan on installing it myself. I know that there is welding involved and I enjoy doing that kind of stuff. I just dont know anyone that has that system to see if it's worth it. How does he like the Duff lift w/ the rear 4-link? Is there a lot of body roll on the road? Did he install it himself? How long did it take him? How does it compare to other brands of lifts(of Broncos that he may know of) as far as articulation and ride? Sorry for so many questions. Thanks

blazinchuck

Bronco Guru
the ride seems good. 1st off he had the worst home made stiff suspension before this swap...so after this duff stuff was done, he complained bout body roll,too soft,etc. now he loves it. we still may fab up a rear anti-sway bar(later down the road)

we both installed this in my shop...it was not your average rear lift, took time,patients, and chit load of grinding,cleaning,welding!!!

heres the complete build
http://www.carolinabroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3396

RivRat

We have a 5.5" with 2 body. Running 37" Parnelli Jones tires. The front rub slightly at full wheel crank. I think it sits well on the tire.

a6cd0828-2527-452d.jpg

Buddy's 70

the ride seems good. 1st off he had the worst home made stiff suspension before this swap...so after this duff stuff was done, he complained bout body roll,too soft,etc. now he loves it. we still may fab up a rear anti-sway bar(later down the road)

we both installed this in my shop...it was not your average rear lift, took time,patients, and chit load of grinding,cleaning,welding!!!

heres the complete build
http://www.carolinabroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3396

Thanks for the input. I'll check out the build.

chriswitt

"Hammer" ... I like your truck. Sick looking! Is that a custom roll cage? or did you buy that?