• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on. - Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

PA Anyone seen this Bronco?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattnduke

Hi All,

First time post and recently started looking at buying a classic Bronco. Sort of a newby at what to look for when spotting rip offs. I've read a lot of the posts on this site and learned a decent amount so far. Has anyone seen this Bronco? I've seen a few people post from PA and thought someone might have run across it before.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160932264247#ht_13900wt_1073

Any thoughts on it?

xcntrk

Bronco Guru
Loc.
NOVA
I would easily pass on that. It's been freshly painted to clean up the look. The door panels were painted right on the doors (screws and all) with overspray everywhere, the rear bumper has corrugated angle iron hanging off of it, the motor is yellow, the wheels are crap, missing the rear license plate bracket so the plate was screwed to the tailgate, no power brakes, really no upgrades at all... Pretty junky if you ask me... There's better deals on HERE for 13k....

Fireball05

Bronco Guru
I haven't seen it, and am new to these EBs, but see a lot of things that would worry me about this one.

No pictures of the important stuff, i.e. underside of the vehicle.

Says it's one owner but gives no info regarding that or the suspension system.

The rear bumper was installed upside down! It's missing a bunch of stuff like the license plate bracket, steering console cover, etc. Looks like someone got pretty happy with the spray gun. I'd proceed with caution!

Where are you located?

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
will third the opinon to pass.....new paint to cover old sin. 4k? maybe worth a look, at 14k walk away

siderbox

Bronco Guru
wtf is Dual Flowe Musters Exhaust System?

Looks like it has the rare 302 4.9L

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Welcome to the site and you for sure brought you question to the right place...I'd keep looking like the others said....feller can't even put the rear bumper back on right side up...;)

Looks almost like the body bushings are shot too..like the body is sitting down on the frane it seems...

Like the got started spraying paint and didn't bother to mask/take off much..

dave67fd

Bronco Guru
Looks like he gave the motor an Armor-All bath.
Wonder if the hood scoop will stay on at 40mph.

Apogee

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Just my $.02, but run away! There are so many issues just from the pictures on his listing, I don't even know where to start. 1-owner...yeah, right.

ObscureMachine

Seatbelt Orifice Officer
Loc.
World Headquarters
First, welcome to the sight. Lots of people with wisdom and experience to help you find and work on the the right bronco for you.

That is not a $14k bronco, for many reasons. (btw- why is the engine painted yellow?)

If you're serious about buying a bronco you should figure out what you wan to do with it first. Do you want a complete restoration, or something you can fix up? Or, something you can build? Are you going to to use it as a street rig, for light off-roading or for serious off-roading. Do you want one that's cut, uncut?

The one you linked to has pretty big tires, with no power steering. Nor does it have power or disc brakes, which makes broncos fun to stop.

People on here can help you find a much better deal!

Welcome!

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
"I did my best to install one top but I'm not an expert at it."

LOL didn't look like all the hardware is even there....

"Comes with a must have manual gear box option!!!"

Wonder why a "must have"???

OP
OP
M

mattnduke

Thank you all very much for all of your input!! Looks like I've got some work to do on training the eye on what to look for. Thanks again!

ryoungbronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Belmar, NJ
The front passenger fender flare looks all tweeked. It shouldn't be bent at the top, that tells me that it was not installed correctly. If that is not done right I wonder what else was done incorrect. As others have said, maybe a $3-4k not $13-14k bronco.

Status
Not open for further replies.