• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

anyone swap in a c6?

sicaz66

Bronco Guru
Loc.
san diego
anyone swap in a c6? ?:? what does this swap entail? i`ll be taking out my c4. will an atlas t-case bolt right up? or do i still have to buy the bronco c6 adapter?

Madgyver

Contributor
Bronco Madman
Is it from a 4x4? If it is maybe your Atlas with bolt right up to it.

thesnake

Bronco Guru
Check out bronco.com there may be a write-up on the swap. I used to have info on the swap as I was considering it at one point. I don't have it now, but I found it somewhere. Good Luck!!!<br><br>snake

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Do you already have the Atlas? If you do then you will need a Bronco adaptor for the C6<br><br>If not, then get a 4WD C6 and just order an Atlas for that. It will save you from having to buy an adaptor.<br><br>Call up Advanced Adaptors and talk with them. I almost got an Atlas for a V8 Explorer and used the Excuse that the money I saved on the adaptor could be put toward the Atlas. The I got a killer deal on a 2WD transmission.<br><br>Overall length will grow. Be prepared for butchering the floor for transfer case clearance or doing a body lift (if not already done or planned)

OP
OP
sicaz66

sicaz66

Bronco Guru
Loc.
san diego
called AA today .atlas will bolt up to the stock adapter.but when i went back today to get the 351w oil i left behind i found an np205 (it was only $100 :p so i had to buy it.) are these tranfer cases an easy swap? i already know they are bullet proof as AA compares the atlas to it. i hear the low range sucks? is it really that bad? can you buy a low gear set for this case?

dash8mx

I did it poorly a few years ago.I had to get new drive shafts and i built a new cross member to hold it all. The trnsfer case fits between the frame but not by much. You definately will be cutting out the floor for the shifter some. I didn't care for the angle caused by the longer combo. Good luck it is a tuff transfer case in my opinion' just alot of work for me.