• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Anyone with an old Kayline snap top???

Outshine2

Loc.
Orange County, CA
I need the locations/measurments for the snaps that go along the tailgate and back of the bronco... I just bought a used Kayline top and need these locations! I checked out STC's website and they have the manual for the fast trac tops but not old snap tops...<br><br>Thanx!

BlackHorse

The tailgate snaps will be the last thing you do so use the top itself for your snap positions.

OP
OP
O

Outshine2

Loc.
Orange County, CA
True, they will... but because the top stretches a bit I think it will be pretty hard to get correct spacing... that may be what i have to do though...

flint_knapper

BRONCO GOD
Loc.
Harvest, AL
that was the last thing I did on the install of mine.<br>be sure everything is straight. the snaps on the <br>edge of the rear of the quarter panels next to the tailgate opening are the only tricky ones. be sure that they don't over hang in the space between the tail gate and rear quarter. just have someone pull on each corner<br>to take up the slack, mark the centers of the snaps<br>and drill.

YOOPER67

Find center of tailgate. then with bows in locked position pull on center snap on rear curtain until the bottom edge is about 1/4" from rolled edge on tailgate drill 9/64 hole center of tailgate install stud. snap to stud continue installing studs pull down & to the side alternating left to right parallel with rolled edge. snap top to studs after each installation 1 stud installed on body of both sides of tailgate. thats from the instruction manual, hope ya figured it out or got this in time. Yooper