• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

old Baumann controller for 4r70w issues.. Anyone have one?

Broncobowsher

Total hack
The convertor clutch is seperate from the regular shifting. Did you ever notice the convertor locking up? I am guessing not. May have to adjust some settings to get locking up.

How far off is the speedometer reading? are you referencing the dash speedo or GPS? The dash speedo is probably inaccurate. Give us some numbers. With a GPS speed of 50, what does the dash read and what does the software read?

OP
OP
G

guidoverduci

Loc.
NorCal
are you referring to the settings in the software for the converter clutch?

I think the gearing and tires were off. When I "read" the file off the controller it had the default stock settings. I had to save the file first and write it twice before it finally said the right gear / tire combo. Now when I "read" the file, it shows the correct stuff. Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to drive it, but I'll report back. I know the dash speedo is off, but I had a GPS out and it was way off from what the software was reading. I was doing about 35 GPS and I think it said close to 60 on the program.