• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Are certain panels on certain EB Broncos interchangeable?

cwelcome

I have a '71 EB and am looking to put a '68 tailgate, hardtop, windshield, and doors in it... Will they fit properly?

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
The only thing I see that you may have to drill new holes for is the windshield frame if you use the one from the '71 as the '68 holes on the top would be different where it had vac wipers
the rest should bolt up.

Last edited:

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
If he's putting both the top and the windshield in from the '68, he won't have to drill the holes since they are from the same year.

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Yea I was tryin to make sure that if he used the windshield frame from the '71 sence he only mentioned windshield.

OP
OP
C

cwelcome

The windshield frame and hardtop is '71... the actual windshield is a '68. Do they allign up?

Broncobowsher

Total hack
The windshield frame and hardtop is '71... the actual windshield is a '68. Do they allign up?

yes they will

The only change is the windshield frame to roof holes get different spacing depending on if it was vacuum wipers or electric. If you have a drill you can make one version into the other, not that hard.

The other (and doesn't apply in this case) is the door strikers are change between '67 and '68. Early doors fit early bodies, late doors fit late bodies. If you put the wrong generation of door on the wrong body, the latch won't work with the striker. The striker on the body needs changing, and doing that correctly is a bit of a pain sheetmetal wise.