• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Arkansas To New York Road Trip

OP
OP
NY-Bronco

NY-Bronco

Resident Dipstick
Loc.
Weehawken, NJ
NY have fun. My wife, oldest daughter and I did a similar trip many years ago in my 73. St. Louis to the Smokies, jumped on the Blue Ridge Pkwy to DC, Then through Penn/NY all the way to Algonquin Park in Ont. From there across the top of Lake Huron to the U.P. down through Wis. and home. Other than me catching pneumonia and darn near dying the bronco got a flat. One of the best trips we ever took! And I almost forgot, I had my 15 foot Gruman canoe on top.
Steve

Man, thats sounds too good! Except the pneumonia.

OP
OP
NY-Bronco

NY-Bronco

Resident Dipstick
Loc.
Weehawken, NJ
I dont think Ill be doing much sleeping tonight. Could not get much sleep last night either. Jut sitting, pacing and staring at the pics of the EB. Normally I would only start packing for the trip on the morning of, but this time the bags have been packed and waiting days ago. Its almost like the bags are packed for the wife to give birth ;D

I thought I would share some views of where I am from. Its the view from my place in Jersey. One is the last sunset before bronco ownership and the last moonrise before Bronco ownership. Beautiful city I must say. But as glorious as this man made landscape is, it dont got nothing on mother nature. I just cant wait...........
Little Green EB - DADDY IS COMING!!!;D;D;D;D;D

DSC_0367.JPG

DSC_0387.JPG

Ratch

Contributor
lol, careful what you say. You haven't seet Ratch drink beer! ;D

Be nice, you only seen me drink one :p

Anyway, I doubt I will be able to skip work, too much going on. But I can be anywhere in Nashville by 10 and if I know bronco/car guys (and I do) the lies, er....stories will still be flying thick. lol

OP
OP
NY-Bronco

NY-Bronco

Resident Dipstick
Loc.
Weehawken, NJ

Anyway, I doubt I will be able to skip work, too much going on. But I can be anywhere in Nashville by 10 and if I know bronco/car guys (and I do) the lies, er....stories will still be flying thick. lol

Man, I look forward to meeting you guys. The beers are still on me though!!! Ratch, 10 is still very early.

Rox Crusher

Bronco Guru
the big day is upon us......................

git that sucker on the road and enjoy the trip of a lifetime

msweb

Bronco Guru

Yeah, but it went quick! Awww, ok, ok.... It didn't go THAT quick and heck, you even brought me one - and you came to my house to work on my Bronco. Guess I can't give you to hard of a time!

Herman - Hope you're flight was smooth and you're already checking out your new love. Feel her up once for me and call me when you're close to Nashvegas! :cool:

msweb

Bronco Guru
Looks like Stingus, BajaFresh and I are all waiting to hear when we need to be at Famous Daves which is about 15 miles east of Nashville (exit 221/Old Hickory Blvd.) off of I-40, 2.2 miles north). Plenty of good hotels in that area too and safe overnight Bronco parking.

Heus33

Bronco Guru
This is so cool - get LOTS and LOTS of pics - I'm thinking calendar already!!!

Hank_

Bronco Guru
Looking forward to seeing pics of the new bronco and the happy owner.

Henry

Dan76

Very jealous, a trip this long in a newly purchased EB would be awesome!!

msweb

Bronco Guru
We have an update! - He's on the east side of Memphis and loving this fine balmy weather that we're having (currently 100 degrees, 107 heat index). Bronco is running well and he's enjoying the trip despite trying to get used to the brakes - or lack of :-X

Estimating another 3 hours before getting to Nashvegas so that would put him in about 8:30 CST. I'll update ya with more info when I get it!

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thanks for the update. We've got him covered from Roanoke all the way through MD and PA..;)

Ratch

Contributor
I think he has Tenessee covered all the way to tri cities.