• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Arkansas To New York Road Trip

OP
OP
NY-Bronco

NY-Bronco

Resident Dipstick
Loc.
Weehawken, NJ
Met up with Mike aka MSWEB and Carl aka RATCHET. If I did not know better I think Ratchet loves the truck more than I do. He busted out the tools and started doing stuff to it. Ill be meeting Mike this morning before heading to Knoxville

DSC_0015.JPG

OP
OP
NY-Bronco

NY-Bronco

Resident Dipstick
Loc.
Weehawken, NJ
COOL! keep us updated through out.....first impressions?

My first impressions at first were fright!! No electronic this or computer that. Its big, Its loud. Its just pure driving.

Being used to ABS etc, it really takes time to get used to it. I was however surprised that she was quite stable on the highway. Started off keeping her at 50, stable. So I sped up to 60, stable. She cruised at 70 most of the time. To get away from the big rigs she went to 85 at times for a short time. Thats when it gets a bit scary.

All I can say is the first thing she will be getting is an AC and a damn stereo!!! It was friggin HOT. While moving things were okay but when you slow down you just get soaked.

Well, Im gonna hit the shower grab some food and head over to Mikes before making a leisurely trip to Knoxville!!! More to come cause I have lots to say.

I just want to thank all of you guys for all the help on the way. Although I did not get to meet the Memphis crew. For sure is one thing. Road trips in a Bronco are FUN!! This certainly will not be the last............

Hank_

Bronco Guru
Awsome pics. Thanks for keeping us in the loop. I hope to see more pics in the coming days.

Henry

Ratch

Contributor
You and MSweb are totally awesome for meeting and looking after him and his new pride and joy.

I can only hope someone would do this for me, kinda "pay it forward" with broncos.

How did his brakes check out? Any issues there?

We were in a parking lot of a sports bar at 10pm, so with just a quick drive through the parking lot it just felt like the brakes needed an adjustment. And Herman asked if all broncos had such a high pedal. He is headed over to Mikes right now for a better checkup with more light before he heads for Knoxville.

ghost66

Bronco Guru
Waiting for On The Road Part Deux write up and pics.
Some of my comments, it's great to see the Brotherhood in action, I want to know who is who in the pics around the Beer table, Deon's tat is awesome, I'm going to design one for me now, AC...what's that? More, we want more especially after going through the mountains.

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
Waiting for On The Road Part Deux write up and pics.
Some of my comments, it's great to see the Brotherhood in action, I want to know who is who in the pics around the Beer table, Dean's tat is awesome, I'm going to design one for me now, AC...what's that? More, we want more especially after going through the mountains.

Mike (Msweb) is the one on the left and i would think NY-Bronco is on the right because he looks the most tired;D

Heus33

Bronco Guru
I have this stoopid grin on my face as I read this post. Can't wait for the next update - the suspense!!!

Ratch

Contributor
Mike (Msweb) is the one on the left and i would think NY-Bronco is on the right because he looks the most tired;D

We have a winner. Herman was realy beat, he was starting to babble when we left. I'm not sure if it was exhaustion, excitement or just finally being back in the air conditioning.

I just got off the phone with Mike. They got the coil mounted ( was just laying on the intake ) and the wiring harness all zip tied up and changed a couple fuel clamps. They were just finishing up and chilling out.

msweb

Bronco Guru
All the repairs have been made followed by a brief photoshoot and he's off again!

He's headed for Knoxville now. Suzy - He's all excited about seeing ya'll so take good care of him (I know you will). When I saw the Bronco last night I thought it was pretty nice. Seeing it today in the daylight and getting a better look at everything? Awesome. It must be nice when the doors are a little hard to shut because of weatherstriping and when seeing an impending storm, putting side windows in (Has an STC top that REALLY looks good and after seeing his, I want one!).

Hopefully He'll get a good headstart on the storms coming. The temp just dropped 20 degrees from 103 and the skies are dark and rumbling like Elvis is slapping the crap out of Michael Jackson...

With any luck he should make Knoxville around 6:30 assuming he doesn't keep getting held up by admiring Bronco fans during fuel stops and visit Suzy and her crew tomorrow. I recommended he check out Anthony over at Stone Crusher Steering while he's there. The play in his steering that he's complaining about may be a good excuse to buy Anthony's setup (which I run and love). It won't do anything for the slop in the wheel but use any excuse you can to ugrade, right? ;D

Ok boys, he's headed east again so line the roads and hold up signs encouraging him on and if you get a chance, grab a cold one with him and swap some tales!

Attachments

• Herman's Bronco.jpg
    Herman's Bronco.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 191

jduffent

Sponsor/Vendor
Ok, I'm thoroughly confused Mike... You just sent him on his way and you said he should be here by 6:30?! What speed/time warp power does this Bronco have?! I've never made it back from Lebanon that fast! Plus the hour time difference! ;) Does it have a flex capacitor?

Suzy

msweb

Bronco Guru
Ok, I'm thoroughly confused Mike... You just sent him on his way and you said he should be here by 6:30?! What speed/time warp power does this Bronco have?! I've never made it back from Lebanon that fast! Plus the hour time difference! ;) Does it have a flex capacitor?

Suzy

I'm thinking he left here about 4:30 CST, it's 160 miles so maybe 7:00CST?

Oh, and ummm, FLEX capacitor is a James Duff part that he'll be buying when he gets there. It's the FLUX capacitor that makes his Bronco faster ;)

jduffent

Sponsor/Vendor
Good one Mike! Ya, it's that ol' CST/EST thing again. Always makes me nervous when doing airport runs... This almost feels like passing the torch cross country ;-)

msweb

Bronco Guru
This almost feels like passing the torch cross country ;-)

Yeah, isn't the Bronco Brotherhood... and Sisterhood... a pretty cool deal? I think so!

P.S. Suzy - I can't get your link to "Bumpers" to load properly unless you quit selling bumpers and didn't tell me about it :(

JIMS74

Loc.
PORTSMOUTH, VA.
"Yeah, isn't the Bronco Brotherhood... and Sisterhood... a pretty cool deal? I think so!"

It makes me want to go buy a bronco across country and take a road trip, but I need to quit dreaming, and get to the garage and work on the one I got.
Jim

jduffent

Sponsor/Vendor
Doh, Bumpers aren't on the site right now since we can't get it to figure out shipping right on them-- argh! I suppose we can get them on there with a call for shipping option (I think!) Lordy. Been working on a lot of things (thus why I am still at the office!) Did you feed Herman before he left? Just wondering if he'll be showing up in town hungry... I know how you like to grill but considering you guys were busy wrenching... I emailed him my # but if you still have it and want to text it to him that works too. I was expecting him during biz hrs before so didn't send it until earlier.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hey Herman, sorry I forgot to mention this yesterday, but it occurs to me that since you're used to newer vehicles, maybe nobody pointed out the cleverly hidden vent under the driver's side dash, near your clutch foot. It's a little flip-up door thingy that's got a 1/4 turn latch.

And in case that's not enough, what with the hot, then hotter weather you're having, see if the wing vent window will turn a full 100° or thereabouts, so it can blow some outside wind directly on you.
Not good for the wife's new hair-do, but under these circumstances, good for the soul.
You may have had both of those accessories at full blow already, but thought I'd mention them just in case.

Oh, and for next winter in New York, "pull-for-heat".;D
Do a search here for some fun discussions.

Paul

msweb

Bronco Guru
Doh, Bumpers aren't on the site right now since we can't get it to figure out shipping right on them-- argh! I suppose we can get them on there with a call for shipping option (I think!) Lordy. Been working on a lot of things (thus why I am still at the office!) Did you feed Herman before he left? Just wondering if he'll be showing up in town hungry... I know how you like to grill but considering you guys were busy wrenching... I emailed him my # but if you still have it and want to text it to him that works too. I was expecting him during biz hrs before so didn't send it until earlier.

Bumpers are still shown under Exterior Accy's :) I thought I saved your number Suzy but it looks like I didn't. PM it to me and I'll text him. You cooking? Maybe I need to head east myself!

Hey Herman, sorry I forgot to mention this yesterday, but it occurs to me that since you're used to newer vehicles, maybe nobody pointed out the cleverly hidden vent under the driver's side dash, near your clutch foot. It's a little flip-up door thingy that's got a 1/4 turn latch.

And in case that's not enough, what with the hot, then hotter weather you're having, see if the wing vent window will turn a full 100° or thereabouts, so it can blow some outside wind directly on you.
Not good for the wife's new hair-do, but under these circumstances, good for the soul.
You may have had both of those accessories at full blow already, but thought I'd mention them just in case.

Oh, and for next winter in New York, "pull-for-heat".;D
Do a search here for some fun discussions.

Paul

Good thing to point out the floor vent/fresh air , I'd have never thought about it. Carl actually showed him last night and it was open.

"pull for heat", now that's funny stuff right there! ;D

EagertoLearn

Loc.
Harrisville
Wow Your Bronco is super sharp. Glad everything is working out for you. Be safe on the rest of your trip. Remember when tired its time to stop..

Revelation

Bronco Guru
I am officially jealous of this trip! One day I am going to have to take a road trip in chipper. The outpouring of help and well wishes on this site is enough to get anyone hooked on our passion!

So with Duff's tomorrow when will the trek across into Cherokee be? And did the brake issue get handled?

Ratch

Contributor
Good thing to point out the floor vent/fresh air , I'd have never thought about it. Carl actually showed him last night and it was open.

"pull for heat", now that's funny stuff right there! ;D

Yeah, Herman asked "What are those things (vents) up on the cowl?
So I gave him a tour of his bronco. lol

Mike asked him "How long you been looking for a Bronco?"
And the reply was
"Two weeks ago I didn't know I wanted one, I was just up one night browsing E-Bay."

And that is how it starts sometimes.....