• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Arkansas To New York Road Trip

BronCowie

Contributor
Old Timer
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
I wanna go ;D I wanna go ;D I wanna go ;D (jumping up and down, waving arms, drool flying)

Maybe I missed it somewhere, but I'm assuming you have a laptop packed to keep this thread going.

Good luck! Have fun! SLOW DOWN (adrenaline check) and be safe. Our Southern-Eastern Bros are there for you!

jrcflash

I just drove from Memphis to Asheville NC and you are in for a beautiful trip, at least the first leg to Knoxville. Even better that you are going in an EB. I did it in our Odyssey with my family and dreamed of being in my EB most of the journey. Don't listen to the naysayers, just go for it. The more mountains and rough country the better. I will stay tuned to read about it. Wish I could offer my help, but I am in Anchorage for the next few days.

Explorer

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Raphine, Virginia
I would love to drive my Bronco through that area , but after almost puking going through parts of W Virginia from the corners and cut backs etc. I kinda agree , hopefully its an automatic or he's gong to find out how well the tray works.
But still a very cool trip.

Piece of cake! I've traveled that route from Tenn border clear thru to New York, pretty much straight road, just a couple ups and downs.

BroncoJAK

Bronco Guru
So when do you have this planned for? I'm less than an hour from Ward and actually grew up there. If I had seen the original thread I'd been happy to check out the truck before.

Pony2

Loc.
Lenoir City Tn.
youll be right past me only a few minutes from 75 about a mile in ill pm you my number her if you have time to stop or need help or whatever!;D drive safe and enjoy the views when you stop to refuel not while driving;)! have fun!;D

mattoo

Loc.
NLR
We just made that drive in the other direction(not in the bronco), got back home today! we did backroads all the way from roanoke to knoxville and avoided that whole section of 81. pretty much straight west out of knoxville into north carolina, then up toward roanoke. I would definitely extend the back roads part of your route as much as you can. I used to drive my 73 from little rock to Kansas city several times a year. Wheel bearings and a U-joint are the only problems that I remember other than constant refueling. Are you Buying this one from Deon in Ward?? I recently bought one from him, so did my cousin, Both solid rigs, and not mis-represented in any way. Good luck!

OP
OP
NY-Bronco

NY-Bronco

Resident Dipstick
Loc.
Weehawken, NJ
We just made that drive in the other direction(not in the bronco), got back home today! we did backroads all the way from roanoke to knoxville and avoided that whole section of 81. pretty much straight west out of knoxville into north carolina, then up toward roanoke. I would definitely extend the back roads part of your route as much as you can. I used to drive my 73 from little rock to Kansas city several times a year. Wheel bearings and a U-joint are the only problems that I remember other than constant refueling. Are you Buying this one from Deon in Ward?? I recently bought one from him, so did my cousin, Both solid rigs, and not mis-represented in any way. Good luck!

Yup, Its one of Deons rigs. He does not talk like the usual salesman. Got a good feeling from him. Im happy that you also came forward telling me about Deon. ONE MORE DAY ;D Then I finally get to meet my baby

mattoo

Loc.
NLR
Yup, Its one of Deons rigs. He does not talk like the usual salesman. Got a good feeling from him. Im happy that you also came forward telling me about Deon. ONE MORE DAY ;D Then I finally get to meet my baby

Bought my 75 from him uncut and all stock. drove it 45 minutes home @ 70-80 mph on the freeway, and probably could have kept going as long as I wanted to. hardest part for me was deciding which bronco to buy... he had 6-7 others when I bought mine!! So far it has only needed a water pump, air and fuel filters, and cap/rotor/wires/plugs.

Ratch

Contributor
Looks like you will be in Nashville Wednesday night. I work evenings and don't get off work until 9:30 so maybe I need to play hooky. :-X

msweb

Bronco Guru
Looks like you will be in Nashville Wednesday night. I work evenings and don't get off work until 9:30 so maybe I need to play hooky. :-X

Damn straight you do, we need somebody to pay for the beer and BBQ! ;D

So where we getting together? Famous Daves in Hermitage? It's 5 minutes off of I-40 and has some great BBQ!

OP
OP
NY-Bronco

NY-Bronco

Resident Dipstick
Loc.
Weehawken, NJ
The Beers are definitely on me!!! No ifs or ands about it!!! Well Im ready to go. Unless the plane falls out of the sky, you will get pics tomorrow.

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Shout out if you need assisstance on I81 in NoVA from about Harrisonburg to Winchester. There are a number of us close to that route and I am sure some of us could lend a hand. Good Luck on the trip! You should have a blast! ;D

msweb

Bronco Guru
The Beers are definitely on me!!! No ifs or ands about it!!! Well Im ready to go. Unless the plane falls out of the sky, you will get pics tomorrow.

lol, careful what you say. You haven't seet Ratch drink beer! ;D

Izzy

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Texas
I think it is so cool that on this site, a guy you have never met is going through your town and you end up having a happy hour just to sit around and BS about Broncos. I love this lifestyle and this site.

I can't wait to start meeting more of you guys in person myself.

siderbox

Bronco Guru
I think it is so cool that on this site, a guy you have never met is going through your town and you end up having a happy hour just to sit around and BS about Broncos. I love this lifestyle and this site.

I can't wait to start meeting more of you guys in person myself.

And those j**p guys talk about some 'thing'...What ever.
The Bronco Brotherhood beats the heck out of that.

Have hella trip NY. Take extra batteries for your camera.;D

DonsBolt

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Chestnut Hill, Mass
Looking at that map it might be better to shoot over to charlotte, then tak e 85 up towars richmond virginia, then 95 through DC, to jersey, then new york

less mountains, and at least through virginia you will have the help of all the mid east bronco guys

AWS

Loc.
ST LOUIS
NY have fun. My wife, oldest daughter and I did a similar trip many years ago in my 73. St. Louis to the Smokies, jumped on the Blue Ridge Pkwy to DC, Then through Penn/NY all the way to Algonquin Park in Ont. From there across the top of Lake Huron to the U.P. down through Wis. and home. Other than me catching pneumonia and darn near dying the bronco got a flat. One of the best trips we ever took! And I almost forgot, I had my 15 foot Gruman canoe on top.
Steve