• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Astro Hydro-Boost Rebuild Kit?

SurfCityEB66

Contributor
I've searched and searched...must not be my day. Does anyone know where to purchase the rebuild kit for the 95 astro hb? Part #? Only thing I can find is a wholesale site. Is it worth rebuilding or just buying a reman?

OP
OP
SurfCityEB66

SurfCityEB66

Contributor

00gyrhed

Bronco Guru
only issue with doing it yourself, which I did, is that the relationship between the small piston and the cylinder is critical and should be checked before wasting time rebuilding it.

I didn't know that and had a constant brakes. I figured I did something wrong tore it apart put it back together still had the issue.

I posted the issue here but don't have time to find it right now

OP
OP
SurfCityEB66

SurfCityEB66

Contributor
only issue with doing it yourself, which I did, is that the relationship between the small piston and the cylinder is critical and should be checked before wasting time rebuilding it.

I didn't know that and had a constant brakes. I figured I did something wrong tore it apart put it back together still had the issue.

I posted the issue here but don't have time to find it right now
Good stuff. Might be better to just buy a reman from parts store for $115 with warranty....

00gyrhed

Bronco Guru
thats actually what i did

Good stuff. Might be better to just buy a reman from parts store for $115 with warranty....

and why I had to rebuild. I altered the first one and it didn't work. bough another gutted it rebuilt the altered one twice by taking back what was the second until the problem was explained to me. the cylinder of the first had been honed and was too large.one of the HB experts sais 1/3 of rebuilt units had some issue.

just be care and don't break off the ears so you can take it back if it doesn't work.