• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Astro Hydro-boost

BLAKEBRONCO

Loc.
Cumming Georgia
Guys,

I think I have read almost every post concerning hydro-boost; what a great bunch of guys - good ideas. I have acquired an Astro hydro unit, made a bracket & mounted, decided to go with the Astro pump w/remote tank. Have mounted remote reservior, have made bracket & mounted PS pump. Have any of you guys used this set up? Are any of you using the Astro pump and remote reservior? I went this route because I couldn't locate a dual return pump that I was happy with and I didn't want a Tee.

My question is related to the plumbing. (1) HP line from pump to H-Boost, (2) HP line from H-Boost to steering gear, (3) Return from H-Boost to reservior or pump? (4) Return from steering gear to pump or reservior? (5) Fluid feed line from reservior to pump. I'm unsure if the return from the H-boost should go back to the pump or the resevior & likewise should the return from the steering gear, to the reservior or pump.

Thanks for your help,

El Jefe

Bronco Guru
my guess is that both return lines should go to the pump (IF) there is no return line from the reservoir to the pump.