• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

At Mecum

ford man

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Leesburg Ga
Yes in agreement with Jaxgtc, sport broncos with argent grills had matching wheels and the base (non-sport) broncos had white grills with white wheels.

I know this is not 100% true I know of 2 explorers that had white grilles and know for sure they came with gray wheels. I would think that it is possible to get white but I believe that gray was the primary color for 73-76.I do know that scoop on this forum said that his 74 ranger came with white wheels and his father-in-law bought it new so I do think it is possible but not common. If you look at old ads they all had gray.

Jaxgtc

I've been tagging along with my step dad for over 30 years on the show car circuit, etc. I have seen a lot of nice 4x4s over the years, but 99.9% are not original...they just aren't vehicles bought to keep and show or collect....we fix and drive them. If this was a 225 miles vehicle it would have full and I mean full documentation and no obvious discrepancies. I've never seen a unicorn and probably never will.....just my 2 cents.

It says the last 20 years were in a museum. Like you said, if you had a car with little or no mileage, that first 20 years would be well documented and great sense of great pride. The engine compartment from the Mecum link doesn't look like something that was really never driven from my point of view. Hey I don't want to troll the guy/car, but when you put it out there as something so extraordinary, it is going to get picked apart. I didn't see, was this a one owner? Maybe it was clocked before it was sold to the museum folks. What about the undercarriage?

BajaFresh75

Bronco Guru
When looking to buy a "factory correct claimed" vehicle, one needs to pick fly sheet out of the pepper.

Carb, transmission, rear end .......anywhere Ford placed a tag. And that's just to start.
Marti Report is a nice to have. Date correct everything. This can take hours to verify.
And, more eyes the better.
Someone wants a start at $50K?...........for a correct item? Prove it.

Example: To get a Sunbeam Tiger "TAC Certification" you need at least two inspectors (three is better) that have been trained in knowing what to look for to verify an authentic Tiger. This includes check sheets, photos and a final joint meet to compare notes and issue Cert.
I could go on about verifications and Marques but it would put most to sleep.

Looks like we have way more than two inspectors here!! ;D

Jeff55F100

I sold my 69 this past week at Mecum (W216). Still can't understand why some rigs bring the same or more money than others. Mine went on Wednesday, and brought $22K. Two others brought the same money; one IMO better than mine, and the other not as good as mine (rust, etc.) I was happy with the experience and it was kind of a "bucket list" thing for me and my Dad. I didn't loose money, but it didn't hit the home run the green one did on Saturday ($70K). If I were to do it again (build a nice driver, reliable and good looking) I would advertise it in Hemmings, and probaly bring it to spring or fall Carlisle.

markatherton

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
bronco

The only thing you can do is use a reserve and stick to it. The problem is there is no input as to what day or time you will come up. The auction makes that decision.

Howard2x4x4

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I like the blue and white one. What year did the Bronco not have vent windows? Clean look.

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
I like the blue and white one. What year did the Bronco not have vent windows? Clean look.

'66-'68 have removable window frames. The '68 being the same up to '77 as for the door locks go. I suspect they put '68 doors on it.

Just my guess.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Sebring, FL Headed to Mecum auction in KC in March

co worker spotted it for me HA

Attachments

• BroncoToMECUMKC-Sebring FL.jpg
    BroncoToMECUMKC-Sebring FL.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 46
  • BroncoToMECUMKC.jpg
    BroncoToMECUMKC.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 47

miikee73

Shadetree Guru
Loc.
Aloha
I imagine the windshield on the blue and white one moves around a lot at speed without any window frame support. The pic doesn't show a front bar.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Yep, but the good news is that there is no window frame to cause paint chips on both windshield and door window frames, in all that nice paint.
So there's a small trade off. But I'd still prefer to support it somehow.

Paul

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Yep, but the good news is that there is no window frame to cause paint chips on both windshield and door window frames, in all that nice paint.
So there's a small trade off. But I'd still prefer to support it somehow.

Paul

I'll 2nd that for sure