• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

At Mecum

Skyblue70

Anyone want me to take this bad boy for a test ride, they estimate that it'll go for over 100k
0b42507dbf8f160e041da468664957ba.jpg
23fffc16ced1230d9a37f001480ac34a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Skyblue70

Skyblue70

It looked to be stock height. Pretty nice condition for a survivor. Don't know the story on why it wasn't used in over 40 years.

OP
OP
Skyblue70

Skyblue70

It looked to be stock height. Pretty nice condition for a survivor. Don't know the story on why it wasn't used in over 40 years.

09ab233edb4b2f76e974c7fb62d3d207.jpg
ac11c1ee0b294cecf2c3e6d1270e6c4b.jpg
5baa6eef6c617cee70477aee0ac88839.jpg

ford man

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Leesburg Ga
It is a nice bronco but it does not all add up 40 years in side and a dash cover? The top has been changed and so has the interior. If they were going to pass it off as 225 miles I would have put the correct parts on it just my opinion. On the other hand I like it and if it really only has 225 miles that is a double wow! If it was mine I would be very proud of it too cool fine for sure .I like the red and white special décor bronco too. One other thing I noticed was white wheels I thought they were all gray 73-76 I have heard others say there's came white but I have never seen it for sure in these years.

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Now that some people are getting to lay eyes on the 225 mile bronco, it's not getting great reviews on FB for being "original".

Jaxgtc

It is a nice bronco but it does not all add up 40 years in side and a dash cover? The top has been changed and so has the interior. If they were going to pass it off as 225 miles I would have put the correct parts on it just my opinion. On the other hand I like it and if it really only has 225 miles that is a double wow! If it was mine I would be very proud of it too cool fine for sure .I like the red and white special décor bronco too. One other thing I noticed was white wheels I thought they were all gray 73-76 I have heard others say there's came white but I have never seen it for sure in these years.

I think a sport model would have the gray wheels, the base model would probably be keyed to the grill/top.
It is certainly a nice vehicle but as with anything that old you have to wonder what it did the FIRST 20 years of it's life. They probably would need documentation for those years. Funny how you can see a very nice restoration go for 30-50 but this one didn't even get a sniff at $50k?

Broncitis

MEB Founder
Glad to see no one got suckered, but over priced even at $50K.

Here's my post on Facebook from the other day regarding this one with discrepancies I noticed.

With record money ($70K) on a stock-ish 6 cylinder at Mecum last weekend, it will be interesting to see where this goes on Saturday. Pre-auction estimate of $100-110K!

https://www.mecum.com/lots/FL0117-269891/1974-ford-bronco/

I'm very suspicious of this one and therefore even more so of its claim of 225 original miles!

What other inconsistencies can you spot?

Here's what I see from the pics:

Ginger Ranger seats but no Ranger stripe or badge on glovebox door.

Seats would be green, not ginger in a green paint Ranger. It would also have green carpet, not a black floor mat.

It has a driver's remote side mirror generally exclusive to the Ranger, but metal door panels are incorrect and would have arm rests and door handle cups color matched to seats. Dash pads are also color matched on Rangers and the dash itself should be body color.

It could have had a stripe delete option, but the rear bumper should be chrome.

It has stainless vent frames which are correct for a Ranger or Sport, but no Sport badge and Sports also had chrome bumpers.

Rangers had argent painted wheels, chrome headlight and marker light bezels, grille chrome.

Has chrome on hardtop windows, but not windshield? No chrome on door frames.

Way too many inconsistencies and red flags on this one to believe mileage claim without good documentation and would not consider paying even 1/3 of the pre auction estimate with all the things that don't add up on this one.

But as hot as they are, someone just might believe it all and pay way too much!

A Marti Report on this one at that price should be mandatory from the seller and/or Mecum who are presenting it as such a high dollar original piece. And for $110K, can a guy at least get a spare tire and tire cover? ;)

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

West Tn Dawg

BULLDOG
Loc.
Kenton
This has me thinking............

Maybe I should put my very rare, maybe even One of One "74" half Cab in the next auction!
This thing is "almost" exactly the way it rolled off the line!
I'm thinking I could possibly get around 200k for it! **********:cool:;D:cool:

Attachments

• Final 74 Flag.jpg
    Final 74 Flag.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 63

hyghlndr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Hockessin, Delaware
The windshield looks to have been folded down based on the chipping off of paint. At 225 miles hard to believe it would need to have been folded.

eaglenest66

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I think a sport model would have the gray wheels, the base model would probably be keyed to the grill/top.
It is certainly a nice vehicle but as with anything that old you have to wonder what it did the FIRST 20 years of it's life. They probably would need documentation for those years. Funny how you can see a very nice restoration go for 30-50 but this one didn't even get a sniff at $50k?

Yes in agreement with Jaxgtc, sport broncos with argent grills had matching wheels and the base (non-sport) broncos had white grills with white wheels.

76YETI

Contributor
Loc.
KC METRO
I've been tagging along with my step dad for over 30 years on the show car circuit, etc. I have seen a lot of nice 4x4s over the years, but 99.9% are not original...they just aren't vehicles bought to keep and show or collect....we fix and drive them. If this was a 225 miles vehicle it would have full and I mean full documentation and no obvious discrepancies. I've never seen a unicorn and probably never will.....just my 2 cents.