• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Attention Canadians!!

Broncogirlie

Loc.
BC CANADA!!!
To all canadian EB drivers and wrenchers:

Are you tired of paying customs fees?! or dealing with shipping from the states?! How about managing crate charges?!

I THINK I HAVE A SOLUTION...but I'm going to need your help. I have gathered up a wide range of EB parts distributors...PLUS! I have access to some 4x4 warehouses. Now...heres where help is needed. I need to know:

1. How many people would help me get this started. IE...buy and sell parts through a canadian EB distributor? (And I know pricing would be a major factor.)

2. Would you want to pay for shipping seperately? or should it be included in the price of the part?

3. Should I just deal in new? or buy and sell used stuff as well?

4. This is a big one - Would I be stepping on anyones toes here?! Can I actually do this? or would this upset american parts distributors? Maybe we could have some kind of colaboration agreement? Does anyone already know of some guys doing this kindof thing already? I mean...I know a few guys who buy used stuff from the states and haul it up here...but not new stuff?!

Any feedback or input would be greatly appreciated. I am VERY serious about this plan. No opinion will be ignored.

Thanks,
Broncogirlie

Skuzzlebutt

PhD, Dr. of Broncology
Loc.
Honeymoon Bay
Are you familiar with B&W Auto Parts? Theye're geard more for stock restorations than customized stuff.
But anyways...the have an outlet in BC. On the Island, I think, Cobble Hill.
I think the purpose of their having a store up there when they already had one in Bellingham is to cut down on the cost of shipping across the border.

broncow72

Village Idiot
Loc.
Spring,TX.
[4. This is a big one - Would I be stepping on anyones toes here?! Can I actually do this? or would this upset american parts distributors? Maybe we could have some kind of colaboration agreement? Does anyone already know of some guys doing this kindof thing already? I mean...I know a few guys who buy used stuff from the states and haul it up here...but not new stuff?!
It's a free market. I would also try to do as much of the hard-to-find used parts as possible. Good luck in your venture.

broncomanbrad

Loc.
Roseau, MN
Sounds like a great idea. The customs kinda kills me. I might even be moving out to B.C. in the next couple of years. Just have to get my carpentry apprenticeship. You'd probably want to do the shipping separately, just because someone might order a tiny piece with a larger one. You might want to have a website where Canadians can post some of their extra parts on, sorta like a swap meet. I always wondered why there wasn't already a Canadian dealer. I just assumed there wasn't enough demand.

PhantomEB

Loc.
Calgary, Alberta
BroncoGirlie..
First off are you single and looking? JUST KIDDING.

Whereabouts are you located... I am in Calgary and would support you however I can, provided it helps my wallet out with Customs BS. I dont need much more than custom stuff now as its a trail rig not a mall krawler and have the basic stuff I wanted my bronco to have as far as looks etc. But there is quite the EB community in Calgary, so who knows.

Props to you, girl!

TOFIC

Bronco Wrencher and Fixer
Loc.
Redcliff Alberta
GO for it
always support a fellow canuck if the price is comparable to my present suppliers.
If you need help with customs stuff, let me know, been through a little of that mess myself recentlly with the gear gawkers.
TOFIC

Jamers

Loc.
Van,BC,Canada
That sounds like a good idea. I have thought about that in the past year but I haven't bought many parts lately. Which vendors are you thinking about carrying parts? It would be great to have another canadian (other than B&W) to buy parts without the hassle!!

popsbronco

Loc.
Edmonton Canada
I would say go for it also and i would support you all the way!

I would love to have a canadian meet somewhere between alberta and B.C

What do you think?

jim71

Loc.
Sprague MB
If prices would be near, equal to, or cheaper than States vendors, then I'd be very interested. Dealing in country is always a lot easier. Good luck with the venture, I'd be happy to help.

OP
OP
Broncogirlie

Broncogirlie

Loc.
BC CANADA!!!
Okay so far the consensus is pretty good. I'm going to really start looking into all the minor details with this. I think it'd be worth a shot. Gotta make my prices competitive though. That's gonna be the only hard part with canadian/american dollar issues.

POPS...I think we should do it for the 40th anniversary next year...maybe sometime in the summer. I think it would be good motivation for all of us. ;D

daddyg

Bronco Parts Collector
Loc.
Toney,AL
Good luck.. I am state side also so I won't be a customer but I wish you well..

popsbronco

Loc.
Edmonton Canada
Broncogirlie said:
Okay so far the consensus is pretty good. I'm going to really start looking into all the minor details with this. I think it'd be worth a shot. Gotta make my prices competitive though. That's gonna be the only hard part with canadian/american dollar issues.

POPS...I think we should do it for the 40th anniversary next year...maybe sometime in the summer. I think it would be good motivation for all of us. ;D

YEs Broncogirlie lets do it for the 40th aniversary,thats a great idea.
would you like to post it or should i.
What location should we come up with?

I think you would get faster replys for a meet then i.Guys dig girls and broncos.LOL :'( ;D

relm4x4

Loc.
Terrace, B.C, Canada
If you could get this going it would be great. It always seems like by the time I get the parts in my hands the price has doubled from what it was listed for. The brokerage fee is a bunch of B.S that I don't think we should be paying so getting your own brokerage number should be one thing on your list. What ever happened to free trade?? From what I understand duty isn't the big issue, being the age of our broncos and the parts being U.S made their shouldn't be any duty. Shipping is another issue, you're going to have to move a fair bit of volume to get any kind of shipping discounts. I wish some of the vendors in the states actually shipped through the mail, that would be a cheaper option for us as it cuts out the brokerage fee.
One of B&W 's sales pitch was you are saving money because you are avoiding the duty brokerage ,etc. because of our warehouse in the U.S . I didn't save any money dealing with them, I just got a lack of info on their so called quality of the sheetmetal products they sell and their big restocking fee so it's not worth returning. I'd better not get going on that subject, I just won't buy from them again.

OP
OP
Broncogirlie

Broncogirlie

Loc.
BC CANADA!!!
Can I get some examples of what you guys are looking for? I mean the suspension parts will be the easiest for me to get ahold of...I'm just wondering if theres enough EB enthusiests up here to keep a buisness running steadily?! For the beginning it will be fairly low key.

I think maybe a good place for me to start would be buying and selling used?! That is until I get border rules and regulations figured out completely. What I might do for fiberglass parts and stuff like that is find some local shops so crating won't be so costly. What do you think?

TOFIC

Bronco Wrencher and Fixer
Loc.
Redcliff Alberta
How about updateing your profile so some of us know where you are??
Won't do me much good if your in Ontario when I am in Alberta. I can get stuff up the west coast cheaper than shipping from Ontario.
So as you can see knowing where you are would be helpful
TOFIC

OP
OP
Broncogirlie

Broncogirlie

Loc.
BC CANADA!!!
I'm located in the fraser valley in BC. So I'm super close to the border and have a wide range of shipping options. Since most responses I've had are from Albertan's, I'm gonna try to work something with a shipper to get a cheaper rate to Alberta. As it stands, I can get stuff to you two days after it hits me. PS...its easier for me to get the hardcore offroad stuff. IE tube bumpers, various name brand lift kits, diffs, leaf springs. The big problem I can see myself running into would be the aftermarket sheetmetal/fibreglass. As for smaller peices...like door handles, seatbelts, carpet kits, emblems, ect. that stuff should all be a peice of cake.

Feel free to PM me any comments or concerns.