• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Aussie locker test WOW!

71HLFCAB

Loc.
Blairsville, Ga
I installed an Aussie locker in my rig about a month and a half ago, along with 4.88 gears and a full spool in the rear. We went to Tellico this past weekend to try everything out before the Free For All. Freaking awesome :eek: ;D . I was running 3.50 gears with open diffs before. What a difference the gears and lockers made. The Aussie locker in front worked like a champ, no noise, no hang ups, just a smooth reliable locker. There was a Suzuki Sammie up there with an ARB in front and it wouldn't stay locked going up slick rock. Everytime he tried to start climbling the front would come unlocked, not sure if he had a leak in the lines or what. But the Aussie locker stayed locked and it sure was great. Can't say enough about the Aussie locker in respect to price and ease of installation and reliability.

shifter

Loc.
Agua Dulce, CA
Sounds great! I just went from 3.50 gears 33" tires to 4.56 and 35" tires last week and ordered up a aussie, should be here any time now. Cant wait!

mxpaz

Bronco Guru
Loc.
KC
I paid 199 for mine when they first came out. I think they have went up a little.

BUCKETOBOLTS

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Salisbury, NC
Glad to here you are satisfied with the locker. I went with an EZ Detroit in my 44 and it is one of the best mods I've made. I'm still nursing the factory Trak-Loc in the rear, but have been debating on swapping to a full spool when I upgrade the axles. What is your impression of the spool?

OP
OP
71HLFCAB

71HLFCAB

Loc.
Blairsville, Ga
yes, its about $225.00 or so and I think I paid like $25.00 for shipping to Georgia or something like that. Awesome locker.

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
For us uninitiated, what the heck is an Aussie locker? (I know what a locker is, just never heard of an Aussie)

TexasBronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Waterford, MI
An Aussie locker is basically a simple, strong, and reliable, automatic locking locker no switches, wires, or lines.

Great to hear how good they worked. I am gonna be swapping full widths with 4.88 aussie up front, full spool in the rear for my stock 3.50 open front, and 3.50 LS rear. Glad to hear how they work! What size tire are you running

70bronco

Loc.
Kingsburg, CA
Glad to hear the "Aussie" works well for you. I have mine installed but have not had the chance to try it out. Took about an hour. The nice part is you don't change any settings when you install it so you can do it in your driveway. ;D For those of you who would like to check them out here is the link:

http://www.offroadlockers.com/

I ordered mine right from the website and it was at my door in a week. One note - it only works in an open carrier so if you have a factory limited slip you will need to change the carrier.

jeffdukovac

Very good locker. Made Truckhaven almost too easy.
No bangs, cluncks, or pushing on off chamber turns.

Had a L/S in front and a regular Detroit in back before.

Now I have the Aussie in front and a Nascar Detroit in the rear. If you didn't know of the Aussie in front you wouldn't feel it until you start to climb some stuff and then you can feel it pulling you up the hill.

The Nascar Detroit makes noise because of the heavy duty spring while turning but once it get a little gas - we are hooked up.

Makes me wonder how well front and back Aussies would be besides costing a whole lot less.

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
The Aussie Locker is a lunch box style locker. I.E. It goes into the existing carrier. If you have large tires then keep in mind that while the parts inside the carrier may be stronger the carrier itself will still be the stock one and therefore will be a weak point. I've seen a few stock Dana 44 carriers split open and a lot of stock 9" and Dana 30 carriers split open.

trailpsycho

Bronco Guru
Does anyone have any install pics?? Ive read up on them at the Aussie web site, but I always do better when I can see it. Sounds like a reasonably priced upgrade...not too many of those it seems sometimes.

admin

Administrator
Just your friendly, neighborhood webmaster...
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
trailpsycho said:
Does anyone have any install pics??
Good timing on this thread. I have one in the mail to me now. I'll do a full review and install article on it in a couple of weeks. :)

TJK74

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Newark CA
admin said:
Good timing on this thread. I have one in the mail to me now. I'll do a full review and install article on it in a couple of weeks. :)

Perfect keep posted and remember lots of pics ;D