• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Average age of an EB owner? Possible Bronco Driver magazine article, please vote!!!!

What's your age?

• 15-21

Votes: 58 9.3%
  • 22-30

Votes: 164 26.2%
  • 31-40

Votes: 258 41.1%
  • 41-50

Votes: 112 17.9%
  • 51-60

Votes: 27 4.3%
  • 61-

Votes: 8 1.3%

• Total voters

MI-Bronco

ghost66 said:
Hey,I think it's interesting how the 41-50 year olds lost ground after 10:00 pm last night and the youngsters started pulling away in leaps, anybody else notice this and think it has to do with not being able to stay awake past 10:00 and the youngsters are up all night voting. If the case is true than the youngsters are asleep now and we should gain ground up until 6:00 pm. Or am I just bored and need to go work on something.

Nope, u r right. I just had my morning nap after waking up at 1000 and I'm ready to go now....

Man, I feel old after seeing this poll!!

Had my first EB (a '77) at 19. Never lost the love for these trucks. Like they say, once you had an EB - nothing else is the same. Had my '74 since '82. Traded an '81 CJ5 for it!!

Mr Joe

Bronco Guru
I've wanted a EB since the '70's, but just got mine a year and a half ago. I'm also older than my EB, but not as old as some of you and that makes me happy ;D

big daddy walt

Loc.
Barnegat
I'm 34 and bought my first bronco when I was 17. The frame was rusted so it didnt last long, But the memories still do.
I had a few 78-79 broncos for a while but couldn't stop thinking about my first one( I don't even know what year it was) I bought several $300 woods beaters . At one time i had 5 broncos scattered around! I found a nice frame off project that I got dirt cheap and started to finish.
I was 25 and bought my house and the wheelin weekends stopped and the resto sat in the driveway. I sold it to a guy who was hounding me and got an 88 bronco to get to work.
Several years passed, but I couldn't stop thinking about owning an early bronco again. My buddy had one that was rotting away in his backyard and would not sell it to me. One night while surfing the web I searched early broncos to show my girlfriend what I was talking about and found this site.
I went through the gallery photos one by one til I couldn't take it anymore. I called my buddy and told him he has to sell me the Bronco, and finally he agreed. I've been addicted to this site ever since. I couldn't have accomplished most of the things I have done so far and look forward to keeping up my 75.

I will be the last owner of this steed!

CrazyHorse72

Loc.
Pennsville, N.J.
I was 17 when my dad gave me his '76 Bronco, I loved that thing and have so many childhood memories in it. Then I got shipped overseas when I joined the Air Force, needed some money, so my dad sold it for me for $500 :-X

I'm 32 now and just about finished with my '71 sport restore. This will be the first summer in a Bronco since my "teens". If its half as much fun as I remember I'm in for a great summer!

74bob

Loc.
Broomfield,CO
Bought my first one in 1977. I was looking at new ones and decided I couldn't afford the $7000 or so they wanted for a new '77 Ranger (kick kick) so I bought a nice used '74. Anyway had the first one for several years then had more kids than room in the Bronco so traded it for a 4x4 Ford van. Several years later traded to a full size Bronco and about 9 years ago bought my dad's Bronco from him (he bought it about 9 months after I bought my first one because he thought it was a pretty neat rig to take elk hunting).

So as my tag line says I owned a Bronco when a Bronco wasn't cool because back in '77 everyone was looking for the full size rigs and anticipating the new big Bronco.

jackson

Loc.
Monument
First one I tried to buy was when I was sixteen and my dad said you need something that is reliable so that was that. So have wanted one ever since and finally bought one about a year ago now when I was 24.

Jackson

Brewbro21

I'm 22 going on 23 and have loved the EB since I could remember. Even though I've only had mine for 2 years now I've done about 5 years worth of work.

I've been trying to save for a house but I keep accidently spending my down payment on my EB. Oh well I guess, you only live once, make the best of it. I can buy my damn house when I get out of college.

ricks77eb

Loc.
Deer Park, Texas
I am just gald to know that I am in the average age demographic for owning an EB (31-40). Now I can tell my wife that it is not a mid life crisis it's the average age of Bronco owners.

Rick

mountainlivin

Loc.
colorado springs
BUCKETOBOLTS said:
You should have posted this thread a couple of weeks ago...I just rolled over to the next group at 31yrs.

Me too. Man, that means I really am a grown up now that I am in this new group. I better start "acting" it.

cams 76

Loc.
brookings
i had just turned 14 when i bought mine now im almost 16 and its still not drivable but i hope to finish it soon

OP
OP
Bronco Sport

Bronco Sport

Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW Portland, Oregon
ricks77eb said:
I am just gald to know that I am in the average age demographic for owning an EB (31-40). Now I can tell my wife that it is not a mid life crisis it's the average age of Bronco owners.

Rick

That's funny I was thinking the same thing!

T

tflack

Bought mine at 15 and drove it as a daily until I was 21 and it was a smoke blowing, single brake stopping, steering shaking, basket case that I swore never to sell. I kept it as a shelf in my garage until 2 years ago when I finally saved up the cash to rebuid it and now i'm 32. :)

Gummi Bear

Bronco Guru
My Bronco and I are both the same year model. ;D ;D

I bought it when I was 20, after securing a few paychecks at my first 'real' job (as an electrician) This October marks the 9th anniversary for me and my Bronc (luckily the wifey is pretty understanding of the relationship... )

;)

BwoncoHowie

C-4 Wizard
Ok Im not in the top age group but I sure would like to see more participate in this survey :) ;D :D :p ;)

CrazyHorse70

Loc.
Austin
Got my first one in'74 (it's a '70), when I was a junior in high school. I have had and sold several more through the years, but always kept the first one. Was offered a lot of money for it a few years back, thought about it(needed the money), but the wife said it was a member of the family and I had better not! Now they will probably have to bury me in it when I die.

OP
OP
Bronco Sport

Bronco Sport

Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW Portland, Oregon
BwoncoHowie said:
Ok Im not in the top age group but I sure would like to see more participate in this survey :) ;D :D :p ;)
Me too!
It would be great if we could get a larger % of the members to vote so we can really see a true break out. %) :)

70_Steve

Old Guy
FOMOCO_1546 said:
I have a 73 and that's the year I graduated from high school. I thought that was pretty cool.
I have a 70, and that's the year I graduated from high school. Funny... I don't feel that old! :eek: