• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Average age of an EB owner? Possible Bronco Driver magazine article, please vote!!!!

What's your age?

• 15-21

Votes: 58 9.3%
  • 22-30

Votes: 164 26.2%
  • 31-40

Votes: 258 41.1%
  • 41-50

Votes: 112 17.9%
  • 51-60

Votes: 27 4.3%
  • 61-

Votes: 8 1.3%

• Total voters

sixtysix

Loc.
Manchester, MO
I'm in the upper part of the 51-60 group and hope to stay in the 21-30 range for a long time driving my eb. Mine is a nearly stock 66 that I've had for 6 years. The first 4x4 I had was another 66 that I picked up in the early 70's and used it as a daily driver plus hunting/fishing rig. Due to Wisconsin winters and salty roads, she eventually had to be put down. Replaced her with a 72 and kick myself to this day for ever parting with it -- thus the reason for getting the present mount. I'm always looking for additional uncut breeding stock. ;D ;D ;D
Rick

4x4Alaska

Loc.
Wasilla, Alaska
28 here...first got the bug when I was about 7 when my dad took me wheelin' in his 75...been hooked ever since...bought my 70 when I was 19 and my 72 about 4 years ago...always looking to add to the driveway ;D ;)

67ster

Bronco Guru
Broncolover , Treasure every moment you and your dad have together building and enjoying your projects . Time flies by in a hurry the older you get , I know, it doesn't seem like 30+ years since my dad and I were doing the same thing . Some of my best memories were of the times we had with the EB.

don parris

Loc.
cumming ga
bought my first bronco new in 1972 traded it in on a new 77 i have been driving broncos everyday for 33 years i was 30 when i bought my first one. still have the 77

ProjectBronco70

Loc.
Tennessee
I'm 34, bought mine a year and a half ago and have been working on it ever since. I've loved every minute of it. I first got the bug about 4-5 years ago when I saw one going down the road and said to myself "that's the coolest thing I've ever seen, I've got to have one" the rest they say is history.

It still drives me insane when someone I know says "hey how is the jeep coming along?

maverickconner

My 76 was my first vehical, had to sell it when I left Fl and moved to OK. Bought my 72 and built and drove it for almost 9 years before I sold it to put a down payment on our house. This 75 that I am building is my gift to myself for getting into Medical School. I am 31, and will be driving my 75 about three weeks from now full time, the exhaust goes on tomorrow....... SWEETTTTTTTTT!

Patrick ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

OP
OP
Bronco Sport

Bronco Sport

Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW Portland, Oregon
Keep'm coming guys!!
Reading these stories I never knew our EB's had such family history. I have two kids my self (a 2 year old and a 4 year old) They are my best freinds and help me when ever I'm in the garage (my little helpers). Even at this young age they love the Bronco more that any of our other cars, and would rather ride in the Bronco than any other car. I do end up lossing a few tools here and there, but it's a small price to pay. My 4 year old just told me yesterday the the Bronco is looking better everyday and he can't wait until he's old enough to drive it. Got love that kind of stuff! :'(

Thanks again for all the great stories! I've been reading everyone of them.

Ron (Bronco Sport)

kaisermusic

Loc.
Chehalis WA
Im now 20, and have had my 67 for about 8 months now. Perfect project vehicle. Mine is a daily driver, and will never see any off road action, but it has always been reliable, even when the PO didn't take care of her the way she needed to be. ;D

thesnake

Bronco Guru
I thought I'd add this bit also. My dad had a 73 bronco he bought back in 78, lime green manual everything. He drove it until he moved to arizona and the neighbor's sister across the street smacked into it with her Half Cab. Dad decided to trade it off on a Scrambler and always regretted it. He eventually bought another 73 Sport which he drove for years and then I bought it from him and drove it for ten years. My mom also had an 84 Big Bronco they bought new. It was like a Cadillac.

Bronco blood runs deep!!!

John

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
Well getting to 46 here soon, I bought my Bronco in 1978 on Christmas eve. for 3500.00 it was a 74 model with only 10,000 miles on the ticker. It has taken me everywhere I wanted to go and some places I would not go back to. It has allowed me to experience life in a way the few people get the opertunity to. It has allowed me to meet some of the best people this country has to offer when the chips are down. It has carried me through 3 dogs and one ex wife and since I have no kids I'm taking it with me when I'm gone! Maybe I am selfish but I have my Blood, sweat and tears in this thing and if someone wants it they will have to pry it from my cold dead fingers. Boy when that happens I hope she's cute as I will haunt her until she passes it on to someone else.

Bronco Wild

Loc.
Nubraska
thesnake said:
I thought I'd add this bit also. My dad had a 73 bronco he bought back in 78, lime green manual everything. He drove it until he moved to arizona and the neighbor's sister across the street smacked into it with her Half Cab. Dad decided to trade it off on a Scrambler and always regretted it. He eventually bought another 73 Sport which he drove for years and then I bought it from him and drove it for ten years. My mom also had an 84 Big Bronco they bought new. It was like a Cadillac.

Bronco blood runs deep!!!

John

Sweeeeeeeeeeettttttttttt ;)