• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Average age of an EB owner? Possible Bronco Driver magazine article, please vote!!!!

What's your age?

• 15-21

Votes: 58 9.3%
  • 22-30

Votes: 164 26.2%
  • 31-40

Votes: 258 41.1%
  • 41-50

Votes: 112 17.9%
  • 51-60

Votes: 27 4.3%
  • 61-

Votes: 8 1.3%

• Total voters

1975stroppebaja

Bronco Guru
Just turned 28 in March. Have owned my Bronco for 7 years now. Whew, slowly but surely I guess :-[

68 EB

Loc.
Fort Atkinson, WI
I'll be 30 in June, have owned mine since 2000. I finally pulled it out of storage last year where its been since I bought it. It will never sit idle that long again.

ghost66

Bronco Guru
I just turned 50 last month, I'm relatively new to the Bronco world, I got the bug looking for one for my son to surprise him on his birthday 3 years ago, I bought him one and then me one and then another, then restored one, I really need a therapist but I'm too busy messing around with Bronco's to call one. My son has been driving Broncos for 11 or 12 years but always the 78, I think I've got him convinced now that the 66-77's are much more fun.Here's a photo of my son's 78

jimslim

Loc.
Whittier, CA
I'm 35 in June I bought mine when I was 18. I was looking for a bronco for months when I lost my mind for a bit and went to test drive a cj7. What a junker a big rust bucket. I got lost in his neighborhood test driving the jeep and drove past my bronco. I found my way back to drop the jeep off then went for the bronco and ended up driving it home that night. The funny thing is when I was talking to the bronco owner the jeep guy drove by and stopped, they were high school friends. Through all the ups and downs of life I have been able to keep my bronco. I hope it stays that way.

broncobran68

Loc.
Idaho
I tried like hell to get one when i was 15 but it got sold out from under me. Oh well had to wait till i was 17 but got a better one. I turn 20 in a month.

Nova

Got my Bronc when I was a sophmore in high school. Had it ever since.(13 years) I'm 27 now and don't plan on getting rid of it. If I do the wife said she would take over it. ;D

bluefx4

Loc.
Raleigh, NC
Im 25 and bought my first bronco last October. I fell in love with an eb when I was a kid. I have good memories of riding in the back seat listening to George Jones.

jeffjess72

Loc.
True Northern CA
Born in 69, that makes me 35+. Mine is a 72 and my wife who is 28 was friends with one of the PO's daughter remembers riding in it when she was about six years old. She says that they used to love crusing town in the bronc, she has been hooked ever since we bought it in 99. I'm a lucky man ;D

jate

Loc.
Salt Lake City
I am 39. My step-dad bought his Bronco brand new in 1969. He put in a full cage, 33s, 4.11s, lockers, etc before everyone did that type of stuff. They used to run the Rubicon and other trails in CA. That is where I acquired the passion. I bought my first Bronco in 1991. It was a 1974. I ended up buying a 1977 and building one really nice one out of the two. Had to sell it to buy a wedding ring. Fast forward 12 years to 2004 and I bought another 1977. So officially it is my 3rd bronco, though the first two were really only one.

67ster

Bronco Guru
For our family it has been at both ends of the scale . Dad and I bought a '66 in 1968 to use as our hunting/ fishing rig , I was 28 at the time and he was 48 . After selling the '66 with close to 90,000 fun filled miles , we bought the '67 in 1973 and it has been in the family ever since . I am now 65 and dad would have been 85 this past September. My grandkids are to be the caretakers after I'm gone ,the youngest just turned 8 and the oldest is 17 and the "Ster" is 38 and still going strong. Too hard for me to average it all out but I know driving it still brings out the 28 year old in me .

casadejohnson

Bronco Alchemist
I'm 33 and I have had my Bronco for 16 years now. It was my best friends older brothers truck. His older brother was killed by a drunk driver and after alot of assurance that I would take care of it, they agreed to sell it to me. I will have my Bronco until I eventually give it to one of my boys. One of them will get my Bronco the other gets my Mustang. I will of course have to get another Bronco and another Mustang when I give the ones I have to the boys.

ford67bronco

Loc.
Wisconsin
I'm 42, owned my 67 since july of 1998, owned a 76 for a few years in the late 80's to early 90's but made the big mistake of selling it. :(

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Old enough to know better young enough not to care.
I grew up in my 73 that my dad bought new in 73. I traded him for it at age 16 in 1985 for a 62 F250 that I paid $500 for. Best trade ever bought a 70 for cheap in 99 only kept it a few months a assignment to south korea was the key factor in letting it go. Just bought a 71 in sept 04 will probably restore and do some minor upgrades and give it to dad

daddyg

Bronco Parts Collector
Loc.
Toney,AL
I had mine when I thought I was indestructable and it to.. I beat the heck out of it. After I got older and wiser I decided I would never buy my kid a 4x4 for his or her first car. Now I have 3 kids and they like working on my Bronco I am reconsidering. Maybe they will be smarter than me.. :)

ghost66

Bronco Guru
Hey,I think it's interesting how the 41-50 year olds lost ground after 10:00 pm last night and the youngsters started pulling away in leaps, anybody else notice this and think it has to do with not being able to stay awake past 10:00 and the youngsters are up all night voting. If the case is true than the youngsters are asleep now and we should gain ground up until 6:00 pm. Or am I just bored and need to go work on something.

icebreaker88

Loc.
Warren,MI
I am 29 and have driving Broncos for the last 8 years, but did not get my early Bronco until 2 years ago. I have had 1 B2, 2 fullsize's(87 & 95) , and now my 74.
Mike

mustangmarty

Bronco Guru
I've wanted one since I was in the 15 to 21 category. However, it wasn't until I had a steady decent-paying job (which happened in the 31 to 40 category) that I could afford one. :p I'll bet most are in the same boat.