• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bad Weatherstrip Experience

idhawkdriver

Loc.
Boise, Idaho
I recently purchased some door weatherstrip from carpartsdiscount.com. I ordered their kit for 2 doors. What showed up in the mail was 2 sets of 2 bottom door seals. Thinking the order was just messed up, I called their customer service department and explained the issue to their service rep. He didn't quite understand, but was more than happy to promise a return authorization. He said they didn't carry the upper seals. I told them "No problem, I only need the one set then." Four days go by with no return authorization.

I called the company today and spoke with a different gentleman. I explained over the phone what the issue was, sent an email with pictures describing what their website said and the difference in what I received. He said he would look into it. A couple hours later I get another phone call and I get onto their website and they changed it! Their website now has a different picture, AND you can buy the upper door seals separately. So now the customer service rep said "Well the boss says you'll have to pay for the return shipping because you ordered the wrong item."

I about flipped. So, I POLITELY told him "No, I'll just sell it locally and will not be doing business with a company that won't own up to their mistakes." Now having a horrible experience aside, the two customer service guys that were the middle man, seemed like they understood where I was coming from, and actually tried to help. I just think it's silly for me to have to pay for return shipping on an item I didn't order, and then another shipping charge to have the company send me the part I originally ordered.

If anyone is interested, I have a brand new set of Precision BOTTOM DOOR SEALS for $39.35 plus shipping for sale.

Last edited:

Dan's73

Bronco Guru
Did you ask to talk to this "boss" that made the executive decision? I've had success leap-frogging past the middle-men in similar situations by doing that....

OP
OP
idhawkdriver

idhawkdriver

Loc.
Boise, Idaho
I probably should've but I didn't. After about a week of trying to get this done I was just tired of explaining myself over and over.

HoosierDaddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
If you paid by CC , call the credit card issuer. They will (may) credit your account and stick it to retailer. It worked for me once before.

OP
OP
idhawkdriver

idhawkdriver

Loc.
Boise, Idaho
Well, all I can say is I learned my lesson. Unfortunately I had the same experience with one of the well known vendors too. Luckily this is gonna work out great as i've already got a buyer lined up.

It is a bummer though because from what i've been reading on here, a lot of folks have problems with the weatherstripping being too stiff. I haven't seen any if that stuff, but these feel like they're pretty squishy. Ha ha the weatherstrip that is...

HoosierDaddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
But the vendor still has your money , so they haven't learned theirs.