• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

BAT Craziness

carter2772

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Camano Island, Wa
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1...e=dm&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2022-03-11

I'm surprised this one didn't go for more. Maybe the white roof held it back?

Todd Z.

I was watching that one, and wondered why it didn't fetch more either. Maybe the wheels? Pretty interesting to watch all the different EB's go though for the different pricing. Look at the one going through right now thats been at 180k+ for a couple days. 3hrs left @ 186k, i wonder how much more it will climb in the last couple hours. Ill be watching, just watching, cause my checkbook turns to rubber when getting into that league!

OP
OP
ngsd

ngsd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Boxwood is the new Brittany! This was a beauty and brought Coyote money with a 331 stroker and a C4.

Last edited:

Tugross302

If you’re thinking it’s Terry B’s, his has the color matching roof. His is on the right in the 1st pic, Crush’s on the left. It does looks a lot like Tug’s SD (2nd pic,) but he’s not from TN - and the BAT rig has Sport badging vs the Bronco script.
I just saw this. You forgot to tell Jesse that I’m not “an older gentlemen “ either.

LUBr LuvR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I just saw this. You forgot to tell Jesse that I’m not “an older gentlemen “ either.

There you go leaving doors wide open.......

But Tug, I’ve always considered you to be a gentleman!😉 Besides, I’d be throwing myself under that same bus, lol.

OP
OP
ngsd

ngsd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Sweet little ride bringing top dollar.

BruiserOutdoors

some of these prices make me wonder what would happen to let some of the fleet go and go buy less desirable but still cool classic cars (really nice modern pro touring camaro, chevelle, c10, etc...) for less $$... these prices are jaw dropping, time and time again

OP
OP
ngsd

ngsd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
BAT seems to be getting weaker compared to the live auctions recently. BJ was over the top and I did not think Mecum would do that well but I was wrong again!

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I was shocked at the BJ results. Kind of po'd this weekend though when I realized my auto-record of the Mecum auctions did not happen. Got one 4-hour segment on Thursday and that was it! Bummer...

Paul

Ro_Ja Boy

some of these prices make me wonder what would happen to let some of the fleet go and go buy less desirable but still cool classic cars (really nice modern pro touring camaro, chevelle, c10, etc...) for less $$... these prices are jaw dropping, time and time again
That was my thinking and what I did… I ended up ordering another Bronco build.

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
BAT seems to be getting weaker compared to the live auctions recently. BJ was over the top and I did not think Mecum would do that well but I was wrong again!

[/URL]
I would agree that the in-person auctions really seem to be commanding top $$ these days whereas BaT has some that didn't meet reserve lately.

Maybe some market corrections coming online....who knows...

Todd Z.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
wow, the old Mustang and Camaro and Chevelle and 'Cuda madness is hitting full force. Most of those old classics are now going for a fraction of what they were 10, or even 5 years ago. Who'd a thunk that Broncos would regularly be worth more than '69 Camaros and Mustangs?
Even cross-ram 302 Z28's and Boss 302's with provenance don't often go for near that much.
Well, except for BJ in January!

Paul

OP
OP
ngsd

ngsd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I was shocked at the BJ results. Kind of po'd this weekend though when I realized my auto-record of the Mecum auctions did not happen. Got one 4-hour segment on Thursday and that was it! Bummer...

Paul
I don't think they broadcast it, Mine did not record either except Thursday and couldn't find it on live.

BruiserOutdoors

That has to be a record for stock looking non Coyote build. Head scratcher. It was beautiful though.
Need to see undercarriage to see if its even worth a fraction of that. some real baja broncos of that caliber are selling for 100k + less.....

56f100bbw

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson / lakeside AZ
I know nothing about this bronco and auction, but looking at the bronco and seeing that price..........my mind screams someone needed to wash some money, lol.
That’s crazy money with no air conditioning and it said a C6 transmission but it was nice but I think he’s upside down