• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

BAT Craziness

OP
OP
ngsd

ngsd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
This was a nice driver that went for big bucks too. It had typical rust areas, not restored and a lot of imperfections. I like it but thought the bid was really strong. They are still holding up as a lot of other toy investments are starting to decline.

OP
OP
ngsd

ngsd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Or a 488 Ferrari. I guess the Bronco market is still strong.

56f100bbw

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson / lakeside AZ
105k nice paint but look underneath market is still strong

Attachments

• 465D6A20-7F35-4651-9CEF-1161439EE4DE.jpeg
    465D6A20-7F35-4651-9CEF-1161439EE4DE.jpeg
    193.3 KB · Views: 120
  • 9A451836-05E5-4AD5-9D2A-CA553FA012D6.jpeg
    9A451836-05E5-4AD5-9D2A-CA553FA012D6.jpeg
    210.8 KB · Views: 122
OP
OP
ngsd

ngsd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I just wonder if these buyers even notice things like that. For that money you would expect body off detail. Most of them are just flips and purchased within the last year. I have no issue with that at all but when they are just a quick paint job and some shiny wheels I feel bad for the buyers.

carter2772

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Camano Island, Wa
I just wonder if these buyers even notice things like that. For that money you would expect body off detail. Most of them are just flips and purchased within the last year. I have no issue with that at all but when they are just a quick paint job and some shiny wheels I feel bad for the buyers.
Thats the first thing i look at, pics of the underside. Looking to see if its still has original body mounts, and if its just been rattle canned or undercoated vs actually restored. I often see broncos listed as restored, yet it still has the original body mounts. Those dont unbolt after 50 plus years. Not "Restored" IMO

OP
OP
ngsd

ngsd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thats the first thing i look at, pics of the underside. Looking to see if its still has original body mounts, and if its just been rattle canned or undercoated vs actually restored. I often see broncos listed as restored, yet it still has the original body mounts. Those dont unbolt after 50 plus years. Not "Restored" IMO
I agree but it seems like the current crop of new buyers are looking for lifted and painted. You can spot a flipper a mile away if you are trained. It is like the home flipper market, bought three months ago for 549K, new white cabinets, gray floors, a coat of white paint and granite, now 950K.

duffymahoney

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Someones been mentioning my bumperlifts on there again, I had a ton of traffic lately.

OP
OP
ngsd

ngsd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Someones been mentioning my bumperlifts on there again, I had a ton of traffic lately.
Have you marketed these to Gateway Broncos? Every time I see their builds I wonder why they don't use them. They do really nice work but that area needs attention unless they have changed since I last looked.

duffymahoney

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Have you marketed these to Gateway Broncos? Every time I see their builds I wonder why they don't use them. They do really nice work but that area needs attention unless they have changed since I last looked.
I have.