• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Baumann Optishift to run AOD-E, 4R70W (wide ratio AODE), 4R75, E4OD and 4R100

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
RustyN... you want a '98 or later 4R70W. You can get away with '97 but there is a cutoff mid year to screw you up on harness and shift sensor (digital or analog-you want digital). Internals of the trans--later is better. less upgrades to make.

Just did mine and learned alot about rewiring harnesses and cut-off dates mid-year...

justinkwitt

Nvrstuk, I have a 97 mountaineer that I purchased that im going to use the transmission from. It was manufactured 5/1997. How do I determine if I have the analog or digital shift sensor? Haven't pulled the tranny yet.

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
You have to get the s/n off the side and call Ford. Ford will then determine which "manual shift sensor" old days called "MSS". Image wouldn't copy but I think it's a late year change. Your's might not be built late enough...

27386C Manual Lever Position Switch, 11 Pin, Digital 10/97-ON.
27386D 4R70W Transmission Manual Lever Position Switch 11 Pin Digital 10/97-ON.

Good luck

RustyNutz

Loc.
Coos Bay
1. gibberogill
2. Dieselino
3. tintman
4. Butros (Paid 9/2/11)
5. Rem28ga (paid 9/2/11)
6. fordguy paid 9/2/11
7. Ourkansasbronco pain 9/2/11
8. Rustynutz paid 9/6/11

There is a slight misunderstanding on the harness when talking to Kevin. The Optishift comes with a 8' main harness. The option of a 2' or 5' harness ONLY applies to the section that would go to the RJM hookup. So the 2' or 5' part ONLY applies if you are using the RJM EFI Harness.

gibberogill

Loc.
Nampa (Near Boise)
Thanks for the clarification. Sorry I didn't make that more clear.

Eight paid is a great start. I will send the other individuals on this list a P.M. so maybe we can get these a bit sooner. Thanks guys.

Last edited:

dadsf150

1. gibberogill
2. Dieselino
3. tintman
4. Butros (Paid 9/2/11)
5. Rem28ga (paid 9/2/11)
6. fordguy paid 9/2/11
8. Rustynutz paid 9/6/11
9. dadsf150 paid 9/8/11

gibberogill

Loc.
Nampa (Near Boise)
I've heard the saying, "There are many who can talk the talk, but there few who actually walk the talk."

We still have 11 people who need to walk the talk.;) Hey guys, those who have paid would like to like to get their projects going. Could you pm me so I can relay to Kevin when he can expect payment so he can gear up to get these harnesses done.

Bronco73

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Cape Coral, FL
I said I would be able to pay at the end of this month but luckly I can pay now. I just need to find the time to call and make a payment.

Monster Mike

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Hey guys Im guilty of holding up progress and maybe this question I have will help me and others move forward.

Once I call down to baumann and give them all my info do they take payment immediately or do they wait till we get all 20 members committed?

tintman

Loc.
Dayboro, Australia
Hey guys Im guilty of holding up progress and maybe this question I have will help me and others move forward.

Once I call down to baumann and give them all my info do they take payment immediately or do they wait till we get all 20 members committed?

They won't count you as confirmed until payment is made.

dylan71bronco

Just to send an update... Here's my issue. I didn't realize that there are three different Optishift configurations which are dependent on the year model of the trans. My assumption was that the Optishift was the same for any 4R70W. I was planning on buying it and shelving it until I found a tranny and t-case. I definitely want in on this buy, so now i'm trying to find the time to locate and purchase a tranny. As soon as I find the tranny (and thus have a year model), I'll call Baumann. I can't guarantee that it will be in the next week, but I promise, fellas, I'm working to get this done.

gibberogill

Loc.
Nampa (Near Boise)
Hey Guys,

Just to clear up a little confusion. At this point there is no deadline for this buy. The reason is that with previous buys there were participants who committed to buy but backed out at the last minute.

Kevin will accept your credit card number but will not bill until he has 20 orders. If you are using PayPal, unfortunately, your account will immediately be debited.

Gary Gregerson

gibberogill

Loc.
Nampa (Near Boise)
Bauman optishift mass buy

Hey Guys,

Me again. Has anyone else contacted Kevin and gave him your credit card number or paid by PayPal. Please update the list.

Thanks,
Gary

forester2504

Loc.
Georgia
Called yesterday and left a message to call me back to place order. Will try again today.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Duke Nukem

Loc.
Simi Valley
1. gibberogill
2. Dieselino
3. tintman
4. Butros (Paid 9/2/11)
5. Rem28ga (paid 9/2/11)
6. fordguy paid 9/2/11
8. Rustynutz paid 9/6/11