• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

BC Broncos EFI Tank Vent

airbur

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Castle Pines, CO
I searched (a little) but have run out of time. What do I do with the 2nd smallish vent on the BC Broncos EFI 23gal tank? I connected the other one to the stock vent line that runs up to the filler neck.

Just spilled a gallon of gas out this vent after filling up for the first time:( Do I just plug it? I don't have any of the evaporation system etc.

thanks.

dmwelljr

Loc.
Sublimity, Oregon
Doesn't it say on the instructions that came with the tank? if you don't have them, im putting my bc tank in tomorrow, the instruction packet is out in my shop if you need a copy

OP
OP
airbur

airbur

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Castle Pines, CO
Yep. Here's my temp quick fix. 5/16 hose with a bolt wrapped with Teflon tape and threaded into the hose. Then RTV around the head:)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368848006.000532.jpg

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
How do you expect fuel to get pumped out when the lack of air creates a vacuum when you get down to about 1/2 tank?

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
What is the alternative? I can run another vent line but to where?

If you don't have the tank behind the seat you can run it like the '77 system. Mount the charcoal canister up high in the engine compartment and run the vent line straight to it. It'll keep your garage from smelling gassy too.

OP
OP
airbur

airbur

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Castle Pines, CO
I don't have that tank....it's a 70 but must be an early version. I was hoping not to have to mount any more tanks and run more lines. So I can't just vent it out the tank close somewhere?

I take it the charcoal canister is a junk yard item?

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
You can use a vented cap which you should have if your old tank didn't have vent lines.

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Yep. Here's my temp quick fix. 5/16 hose with a bolt wrapped with Teflon tape and threaded into the hose. Then RTV around the head:)

View attachment 301308

That's exactly how I did mine and it's been working just fine for many years. Did it on the NWMP tank I had before it too.

Todd Z.

bronc50

I have seen some people take a inline style fuel filter and open it up fill with some charcoal then run your vent to it and zip Ty it up as high as possible against your filler tube

dmwelljr

Loc.
Sublimity, Oregon
I don't have that tank....it's a 70 but must be an early version. I was hoping not to have to mount any more tanks and run more lines. So I can't just vent it out the tank close somewhere?

I take it the charcoal canister is a junk yard item?

Just installed mine today, what did you end up doing with the 5/16 tank vent?

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
Regarding the charcoal canister. I have seen a thread here where guys are using fox body mustang charcoal canisters and mounting them on the fire wall side of the passenger inner fender sort of like the '76-'77.

dmwelljr

Loc.
Sublimity, Oregon
I was hoping to not have to use the canister, and not have to run a line back up front. Im not sure a vented cap will fit behind my gas door

OP
OP
airbur

airbur

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Castle Pines, CO
I've still got that vent just plugged. No issues yet other than I think the pump is pulling fuel from my aux tank due to vacuum buildup.

tatersalad

Bronco Guru
I have run mine with a plug for two years now with the only issue being a vacuum to the aux. tank leaving it empty. I haven't got around to putting the electric selector back in to stop that from from happening. A charcoal canister is on my to do list though.... : )