• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

BC Broncos EFI Tank Vent

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
Regarding the charcoal canister. I have seen a thread here where guys are using fox body mustang charcoal canisters and mounting them on the fire wall side of the passenger inner fender sort of like the '76-'77.

I mounted this one from a 87-93 Mustang just like my 77. My Aero tank has a vent/roll-over valve on the top. I bent up metal line on the outside of the frame just like my 77. The CC will not hook up to the motor as there are no provisions on 98 Explorer 5.0 to do it... It will just be able to vent out the mushroom caps.

Attachments

• DSCN1320.jpg
    DSCN1320.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 52
  • DSCN1331.jpg
    DSCN1331.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 43
  • DSCN1322.jpg
    DSCN1322.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 38

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
I mounted this one from a 87-93 Mustang just like my 77. My Aero tank has a vent/roll-over valve on the top. I bent up metal line on the outside of the frame just like my 77. The CC will not hook up to the motor as there are no provisions on 98 Explorer 5.0 to do it... It will just be able to vent out the mushroom caps.

Actually there is a provision for canister purge on mustangs and explorers and probably everything else since the late '80s. You could use a canister purge valve and manifold vac if you have the canister purge wiring in the harness and have it activated in the ECM. Another way is to run a hose from the CC to the intake tubing prior to the throttle body where the low vacuum will purge it when the engine is running.

Hank_

Bronco Guru
Actually there is a provision for canister purge on mustangs and explorers and probably everything else since the late '80s. You could use a canister purge valve and manifold vac if you have the canister purge wiring in the harness and have it activated in the ECM. Another way is to run a hose from the CC to the intake tubing prior to the throttle body where the low vacuum will purge it when the engine is running.

I took Viperwolf's advice and here is how I did mine.

http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187354&highlight=bahama+blues&page=6

Works great with no fuel smell in the garage.

Henry

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
Another way is to run a hose from the CC to the intake tubing prior to the throttle body where the low vacuum will purge it when the engine is running.

Thought about that... So many other things to do before I get to that point. Thanks for reinforcing the idea...

Hank thanks for the picture