• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bc broncos fuel lines for efi

AzDesert73

Loc.
Yuma
Anybody running the bc broncos hardline fuel lines for efi? I've almost ordered it several times, but $169 seems kind of steep.. is it worth it for ease of installation, or better to buy rolls of ss line from jegs, Summit, etc and make my own.. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

mudstud

Contributor
Bronco Bonehead
Loc.
Excel
I will buy tubing as I already have a bender the next time I do it.

Timmy390

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Conway, AR
I bought a roll form Summit or Jegs can't remember which and used a cheap HF bender to do mine.

I ran SS braided PTFE lines hose from tank to hard lines and from hard lines to fuel rail and from rail back to hard lines.

Tim

OP
OP
A

AzDesert73

Loc.
Yuma
Awesome, thanks! Do you know how much you had into it, vs buying the kits?

needabronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Prescott/Farmington
You can buy lengths of tubing from an auto parts store and make your own lines for less than $50. Save some money on stuff that really matters. Nobody has ever crawled under any rig that I've seen and scoffed at fuel lines, 99.99% of people never even notice them. I will however say that I used BCB's fuel line holders and they are very nice.

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I got 1 roll each of Stainless 5/16 and 3/8 for the EFI Fuel Lines. Not too hard to do. Can make as custom as you want.... A lot cheaper in the end.

Timmy390

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Conway, AR
Coil tubing 3/8 zinc plated $22.99
Bender from HF was like $6
SS braided PTFE hose 6/AN $3.49 a foot. I bought enough to do my Bronco and Mustang
Filter kit 3/8 hard line and fittings $35.97

Fitting all depend on how many you need for the configuration you build.

Got my PTFE lines hose from AN Fittings Direct. You have to use the correct fittings or the line so you have to buy from them if it attaches to the SS braided. For the steel line fittings I bought from Jegs and Summit. It depended on price and what I needed.

Tim

OP
OP
A

AzDesert73

Loc.
Yuma
Nice, so you did the whole thing in 3/8? Is it not necessary to use 5/16 for return lines?

Timmy390

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Conway, AR
Nice, so you did the whole thing in 3/8? Is it not necessary to use 5/16 for return lines?

My whole system is 3/8.

It's not necessary to use 3/8 at all. You can plumb the whole thing in 5/16. 5/16 will support up to 400hp so I was told.

I did buy a kick butt flair tool that will do stainless and steel. Stainless is HARD and most flair tools wil struggle with SS or not do it at all.
https://www.amazon.com/Ridgid-41162-377-Flare-Tool/dp/B001HWNS40?ie=UTF8&*Version*=1&*entries*=0

Tim

hankjr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I bought straight 72" lengths of the greenish coated stuff so I dint have to mess around straightening from a roll. I did use the BC hose clamp things which are nice. I ran the lines on top of the frame rail. I did not use ptfe an hose for the ends but having second thoughts about that. I'm still building so I can remedy that if I want

Hank

lonesouth

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I bought the BC EFI rear hookup line. It was a HUGE PITA to install. This is with the body on.

The pushlock fittings are very tight, but they need to be, so +/-
the fuel filter included with the kit is too big, ends above the axle and offers little room to make connections.
The front lines do not adequately clear the T-Case cross member. Clearance was unintentionally made when jacking the t-case back into place.
My kit shipped with the wrong fittings. BC replaced them free of charge, but it was a source of irritation.
None of this can communicate the several, frustrating, hours I fought getting this installed.

All said and done, if you were installing this on a frame, with the body off, the install would be a breeze. However, that said, if you are installing fuel rails with the body off, there is no reason you couldn't just use a single piece unit from your local tubes & hoses shop, or bend your own.

I would not, in any circumstance, recommend the BC lines, either from an install or a money perspective.

BC makes other great products, but this did not turn out to be the hassle free kit I thought it would be.

Z Bronco

Bronco Guru
I ended up making my own as the BC lines for my Bronco were not close. I would make your own.

duffymahoney

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I bought the BC EFI rear hookup line. It was a HUGE PITA to install. This is with the body on.

The pushlock fittings are very tight, but they need to be, so +/-
the fuel filter included with the kit is too big, ends above the axle and offers little room to make connections.
The front lines do not adequately clear the T-Case cross member. Clearance was unintentionally made when jacking the t-case back into place.
My kit shipped with the wrong fittings. BC replaced them free of charge, but it was a source of irritation.
None of this can communicate the several, frustrating, hours I fought getting this installed.

All said and done, if you were installing this on a frame, with the body off, the install would be a breeze. However, that said, if you are installing fuel rails with the body off, there is no reason you couldn't just use a single piece unit from your local tubes & hoses shop, or bend your own.

I would not, in any circumstance, recommend the BC lines, either from an install or a money perspective.

BC makes other great products, but this did not turn out to be the hassle free kit I thought it would be.

I had basically the same results