• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Beginning Project for '73 Bronco

superman1973

Loc.
Plaquemine, LA
I bought a '73 Bronco about a month ago. I stripped out the inside and put rhino lining in the inside and diamond plates on the inside of my doors. I also put a roll bar in it too. My next buy is going to be tires and rims. It has a 3 inch lift on it already, which is plenty enough for me. I was wondering if anyone had suggestions for tires and rims (size, model, etc). i'll prob not be doing mud riding, more of a cruising toy and it will be pulling a boat pretty often. Any comments/suggestions are appreciated :)

SWFLABRONCO

Loc.
Cape Coral, Fl
What engine, tranny, gear ratio, etc are you working with? Are the fenders cut? Knowing those variables would help decide tire size especially if you're pulling anything. Based on lift alone and figuring it's probably cut, a 33" tire combo would work.

tortuga

Without doing more homework on your rig, I wouldn't go over a 31" tire and still expect to tow anything.