• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Best bang for buck - lift kit

jeffncs

Contributor
Loc.
Raleigh, NC
I’m about to do a major ground-up starting with a bare frame. Who has the best kit going these days?

2.5-3.5” with full leaf pack
Include shocks
Cut and flared rear wheel wells
<$1200

Mostly street driven with an occasional trip to URE for some off-road use (easy to moderate trails).

Open to used kits if you’re selling something too!

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Well, not to shoot ourselves in the foot right out of the gate, but where are you located?
Sometimes (well many times) shipping plays a big role in your price goals.
Leaf spring packs are heavy!

OP
OP
jeffncs

jeffncs

Contributor
Loc.
Raleigh, NC
Thanks to all for the info. I’ll see what they offer. Worst part is that nothing seems to be in stock (JBG).

For those asking, this is going to be a mostly street-driven truck for ice cream runs. However, I’m also a casual off-road enthusiast. I’m not a big rock crawler, but I enjoy wandering around the woods, splashing through some mud or rolling across small (low-risk) obstacles.

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
JBG had an in house brand that will save you some money. They were made by Deaver if I remember correctly.
If it's the econo lift I'm thinking of it might be the really stiff old school style. If it's got the old 5pack leafs you don't want it

BGBronco

Contributor
N A S H V I L L E
Loc.
Tennessee
I had the WH 2.5 and went to the WH 1.5 on my current Bronco. Very happy with both. I think in your price range but shipping, in general, is painful.