• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Best DIY bedliner

Timmy390

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Conway, AR
Looking to get you guys input on this. I've used Herculiner in the past some 15 years ago on my Bronco. The inside held up good but the outside has all but gone away.

Is there anything out there better now? Back then there was no UV protection available so I'm sure that was a huge factor in why the outside dissolved.

Looking to re-do the rear of the Bronco and do my new project....87 Samurai ragtop.

Tim

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
I used AL's liner but the hopper gun is a pain in the ass. The material works good and is holding up excellent for me for almost 5 years now since i sprayed it. Their cup brush for prep work really took the back breaking chore out of prepping the bed.

Doing it today I would use Raptor and tint it.

GloNDark

I have nothing to add just subscribing because I want to do the interior my 73 this summer. Leaning towards Monstaliner or Durabak at this point. But not 100% sure.

Would love to have Linex premium done wish it wasn't so expensive. The bed of my Dodge has held up awesome with Linex.

OP
OP
Timmy390

Timmy390

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Conway, AR
Wish the Raptor site has more info on it. Pic's of the texture and such. They show a local distributor here in town but it's a paint store and I've tried to deal with them twice in the past with no luck.

I was looking at Monstaliner. I like the texture and I'm 100% positive I've see it on a few Heeps.

I know whatever I get will be 100% UV resistant.

Tim

ObscureMachine

Seatbelt Orifice Officer
Loc.
World Headquarters
I'm planning on Raptor. Google or Youtube search and you can find some videos. Part of the texture is pressure and / or distance from the gun to the surface. The closer the more texture, the farther the smoother. Or vice versa. I can't remember.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
I'm planning on Raptor. Google or Youtube search and you can find some videos. Part of the texture is pressure and / or distance from the gun to the surface. The closer the more texture, the farther the smoother. Or vice versa. I can't remember.

U tube is definitely a great tool to see how to....

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
I used Raptor nearly 8 years ago and it still looks brand new. I wouldn't hesitate to use it again if needed. You can't beat it for the price, and the texture is similar to Line-X.

Bferrari

I did raptor inside and underneath. Very happy with the texture, easy to shoot and has held up very well.

IMG_8690.jpg IMG_9537.jpg

OP
OP
Timmy390

Timmy390

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Conway, AR
So he consensus is Raptor Liner.....

What gun is everyone using to shoot it? I rolled my last liner on due to the "chunks" in it. Looks like the KITS come with a gun.

How far "Real World" did the 4L kit go? 1 coat, 2 coats? Not even 1? I'm doing the back of my Bronco and a Samurai

Tim

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
I used the upol gun they sell.

So did I. I'd say start with two kits since you have a lot of area. That way you can save one gun for later use if needed. You usually have activator left over so if you need extra you can just buy a bottle or two.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
A few folks have used the raptor, search on that in here and see what you can find.

Research is always the longest part isn't it lol Good luck sir

Wish the Raptor site has more info on it. Pic's of the texture and such. They show a local distributor here in town but it's a paint store and I've tried to deal with them twice in the past with no luck.

I was looking at Monstaliner. I like the texture and I'm 100% positive I've see it on a few Heeps.

I know whatever I get will be 100% UV resistant.

Tim

Merlin76

I love the Raptor liner. Fairly inexpensive and easy to apply with the schuetz gun. VERY durable so far from the use I have put on it on my bumpers, rock sliders, and tube steps. I also like the idea that if I need to touch it up I can do it myself!
8c10815fb156f758c34b46d649008fb8.jpg
b56317579439eed7b75a89c615e68fc7.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk