• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Best Electric fan Mustang EFI

BroncoinAlaska

Loc.
San Antonio, TX
Looking to finally go EFI in my Bronco. I still need to figure out he fan. I would like to run an electric with the stock mustang serpintine system. I also have an BC Broncos 5.0 radiator. Which fan would best fit my application?

Socal Tom

Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Diego, CA
There aren't any electric fans that I know of that will fit without modification. Here is what you can do with a 3 row stock depth radiator.
1) Mount a flex fan or a race fan with very tight clearence to the rad and the engine.
2) Cut the core support and move the radiator forward about 1 1/2 inches. This should give enough room for the taurus fan.
3) Put the explorer serpentine system on the engine. This gives about 2? more inches of clearence. You can do what ever you want then.
Tom

HoosierDaddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Regarding option #1 , the first GOOD bump you hit WILL have you looking at options 2 & 3 ... without delay.
IE : your fan WILL eat your radiator , I have watched or been in several Broncos while this played out.
I actually have pictures of my buddys Bronco being towed by my Chebby K5 Blazer I had at the time when his fan ate his radiator. You can see the coolant mess in the background.
This was in my USMC days , before digital cameras , thus they are not on my PC.

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Electric setups are hit or miss they work for some people dont work for others. Usually seems like most electric setups dont pan out well. Personally I'd stick to the mechanical fans.

Socal Tom

Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Diego, CA
Regarding option #1 , the first GOOD bump you hit WILL have you looking at options 2 & 3 ... without delay.
IE : your fan WILL eat your radiator , I have watched or been in several Broncos while this played out.
I actually have pictures of my buddys Bronco being towed by my Chebby K5 Blazer I had at the time when his fan ate his radiator. You can see the coolant mess in the background.
This was in my USMC days , before digital cameras , thus they are not on my PC.

I've been running option 1 for about 10 years, through dunes, twisty turny mud hills, over the rubicon and air borne at least once, with a thicker 4 row radiator thats 1/2 inch thicker than stock. Done well, with good body mounts and good engine mounts your radiator should be safe. I have 3/4 of an inch in front and about 1/2 an inch of space behind my flex a lite race fan.
Tom