• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Best Fog Lamps....not offroad spots!

MnkyBiz

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Northern VA/DC
Anyone have a suggestion as to what would be a "best" fog style lamp for a Daily Driver? I can find lots of really nice comparisons of off road spot/beam/insanely brighter than the sun types, but not a good solid super tough fog lamp!

Any ideas???

lars

Contributor
Been here awhile
Loc.
NorCal flatlands
MnkyBiz said:
Anyone have a suggestion as to what would be a "best" fog style lamp for a Daily Driver? I can find lots of really nice comparisons of off road spot/beam/insanely brighter than the sun types, but not a good solid super tough fog lamp!

Any ideas???

Cibie makes some very nice ones- their various auxiliary lamps are all available with fog as well as pencil beams. They used to be the racers' choice, not sure if that's still true. Not cheap though. Some are shown here: http://www.danielsternlighting.com/products/products.html

HotWheels

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Twilight Zone
You know monky. I got some 7" Bosch fog lights that put out a nice FLAT Halo around the front of the vehcile and really help with dark corners. I know that they are not bling bling. They are verrry effective as auxillary driving/cornering/all-round lights though...nice black platic casing...not fat...probably not to theft prone either....

astark

Contributor
Bronco God
My KC fog lights have held up well and have proven to be very tough. I have never even put the lens covers on that came with them either. They came with relay,wiring and switch as a kit and were easy to install. I think I paid about sixty bucks at Summit four or five years ago.

Attachments

• zzbronco8.JPG
    zzbronco8.JPG
    92.5 KB · Views: 52
OP
OP
MnkyBiz

MnkyBiz

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Northern VA/DC
Thanks guys for the input!

I am starting to think about this nice 4'x6' sheet of 1/4 plate in my garage....and what would be nicer than a custom front bumper with built in Foggies!!!!!! Yup, I have been inspired by another member fabricating his bumper!!! So, I need to start researching which lights I intend to squish in there!!!

Broncobowsher

Total hack
I should know this.
Last summer a friend wanted lights for his truck. He went out and got every light he could get his hands on and brought them over to my house. We evaluated every light on both construction and water resistance (he has since moved to seattle) and light pattern.
I believe we settled on a set of Cebie fogs for the front. Some cheap, but nicely sealed driving light for the rear back up. And a light rated as a back up light installed on the rear hatch to light the are behind the truck while setting up camp.

HotWheels

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Twilight Zone
that is pretty common here in the rainy dang nw. Hellas are common. Bosch's are more effective for daily driving. The rubber minis they sell at NAPA adorn the rear bumpers or most 4wd vehicles that actually see usage...(also good for tailgaters) :cool: .

feitctaj

FNG
Loc.
Group W Bench
when I get back to work I will ask the shop boss what brand our Aircraft landing lights are on our trucks, SOB they are bright and effective, I have one point to the fog line as a critter light

HotWheels

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Twilight Zone
feitctaj said:
when I get back to work I will ask the shop boss what brand our Aircraft landing lights are on our trucks, SOB they are bright and effective, I have one point to the fog line as a critter light

darrell...u been holding out on me? I thought we were friends? :cool:

J-DUB

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Edmonds
I know someone that buys Demo PIAAs off of Ebay individually. He is now up to 4 sets. And then does the wiring himself.

bsaunder

Bronco Guru
I haven't checked out the Cibie fogs - but I have had great luck with Hella Micro-FF's. So far they are the best I have seen (way better than any PIAA I have ever run). I did find some CATZ that I really liked, but finding an outlet for them has been ratehr frustrating.

sfaforester

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
SW, Arkansas
astark said:
My KC fog lights have held up well and have proven to be very tough. I have never even put the lens covers on that came with them either. They came with relay,wiring and switch as a kit and were easy to install. I think I paid about sixty bucks at Summit four or five years ago.

mmmmmmmm, nice new tires. ;D

MisFitToy

Loc.
Calif
Mnky,
Right before winter I put a set of fog lights on my D/D. I get a ton of fog during the winter, and seeing that I am out in the country with no city lights, some days you can't even see the road. I put a set of ARB's IPS 840 fog lights on, and they are super bright. I think that they are 85w H3 Bulbs, not sure. I do know that those bad boys light up the road in fog, rain, or complete darkness. I will warn you about one thing. When I first set them up and aligned them, I didn't tighten the bolt enough. After bouncing around a bit they were pointing up. The first time I turned them on, there was a car in front of me. That guy thought the sun came out because they were shinning right into the back of his window.

MisFitToy

OP
OP
MnkyBiz

MnkyBiz

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Northern VA/DC
These are super cool from ARB!!!!!!! Both the spots & Fogs in one!!!! OOoooooooo AAAaaaaaahhhh!!!!

JOICB_pic.jpg

J01C/J01CB
Features: Dual Function Light With
Customizable Switch
Fog Beam: 55W Gold High
Performance Bulb
Driving Beam: 55W J Beam Bulb
Produces 85W Performance
Multi Direction Mounting System
Available with Chrome or Black Body

Dimensions: 7"H x 6.5"W x 3"D

Complete Kit Includes: 2 Lights with Weatherproof Connectors
Complete Snap Together Wiring Loom & Relay
Multi Function Mouse Style Switch
Brush Guards

MisFitToy

Loc.
Calif
MnkyBiz,
The ARB lights are not only cool looking but they are BRIGHT!!!!!!
I did find one other Brand of light that is just as bright as the ARB,,,,maybe even BRIGHTER. :eek: You can check them out here

http://www.narva.com.au/index.html

These are some nice lights as well.

MisFitToy