• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Best Kill Switch/Theft Deterrent

rbuday

I like the ideas, here is one that I considered using if I were only going to use my Bronco for hwy use (I opted not to do it because I want to have the option to bump the starter while in first gear while off hwy).  If you have a trany with a reverse light, hook up the kill switch so that your EB has to be in reverse to start. Works well on manual transmissions.

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
This looks good.<br><br>
diag1.gif

bqnbrnc

Loc.
Utah
I park mine in the garage and tear into a million tiny peices- no one has stolen it yet!!!! :p

OP
OP
c2computer

c2computer

Loc.
Castle Rock, CO
I like that brakelok system.  But the steering wheel is great, no wheel, no steal.  I have a Grant now, is there a certain model it will work with?  Not cheap either, I guess I can get it at cost but cheap insurance against those bastards.<br><br>

broncorotor76

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Omaha,Nebraska
How bout that flame thrower option they use in south africa.<br> :eek: I was thinking disguising a killswitch to look like a heater switch or something along those lines ;)

wolfman

Loc.
Chesterton, Indiana
;D In 1981 I caught two guys in my bronco trying to pull the ignition switch in front on my home, I made them get out<br>and lay down and held a gun on them. my wife called the police. I cocked the hammer and said I should just kill you slimeballs. They were happy to see the cops (in fact one pissed his pants) :eek: :eek: Front page of the paper the next morning.

cjjhalfcab

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Oologah, OK _
I think I'm going to wire a kill switch to the ignition, and one to my electric fuel pump.  I like the brake lock, but what are the chances of after a few years of turning this thing off and on, that it will start to loosen up and draw air?  I wouldn't want to bleed my brakes once a week.  I also like the "hold a gun on them till they piss" deterrent, but you have to be present to stop the activity and enjoy the show.  I think he would have looked better with a piss stain and a hole in him.

LSUpete

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hey Wolfman,<br><br>You might be interested to know that I took your method a step further.  I used to live in Jacksonville, Florida, and my rig was stolen twice!  After the first time, I installed a motion sensor light in the garage with an alarm relay into my bedroom.  Sure enough, one night at about 3:00 a.m. the damn thing went off.  I remember that I was so excited to be catching them while I was packing heat.  I came around the side of the garage just as they were pulling out, and surprised the *shoot* out of them!  The bad part was that they didn't stop and just went tearing off down the alley.  So, you know what happened next don't you......that's right we got into a lead-slinging contest.  You should have heard the sound of my .45 over the little pop gun they using.  Anywho, they did get away, but got caught by the cops a few days later.  Apparently, in Jacksoinville you can steal all the cars you want.....but if you use a gun, the cops suddenly get interested.

CT.boy

Loc.
Southern Connecticut
    For anyone running fuel injection there is a link to using the inertia cut-off switch as a theft deterent @ http://www.corral.net/tech/   .  <br>       I really like the fishhook idea. I thought about stratigically placed broadhead blades  as it would leave a good blood trail  and the thief would probably be found at the emergency room getting stitches but I think the fish hooks are better. I thinks the odds are decent that you might  come out to your rig and still find him attached.<br>     Of course we can't really use these options as criminals have a lot of rights in this country and  would probably sue you and win.<br>     I have a pretty good theft deterrent at my house now. I live in an old two family house and my buddy and his girlfriend live upstairs. He is a state trooper so its nice having that state police crown vic parked out front.

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
<br>that's right we got into a lead-slinging contest.  You should have heard the sound of my .45 over the little pop gun they using.  
<br><br> The things we do to protect our Broncos!<br> Did the Bronco suffer any wounds?

GRIZZLY

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lakewood, CA
You could use a combination of the fish hook and razor blade suggestions. That way they can lift prints from the fingerprint (finger tip) they leave behind.  :eek: :p

jcmessing

Wolfman I'd love to see that article. YOu've got to have it hanging around somewhere (probably above your gunrack)<br>JC

LSUpete

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I put two rounds though the windshield and one in the tailgate.  Insurance actually paid for the windshield without a deductible, but I was on my own with the tailgate.  It had some rust in it, so I just replaced the whole thing.  The strange thing was that the cops caught the guys trying to load it onto a ship container at the Seaport.

77BroncoWag

Contributor
Bronco Guru
<br>
<br> ;D In 1981 I caught two guys in my bronco trying to pull the ignition switch in front on my home, I made them get out<br>and lay down and held a gun on them. my wife called the police. I cocked the hammer and said I should just kill you slimeballs. They were happy to see the cops (in fact one pissed his pants) :eek: :eek: Front page of the paper the next morning.<br>
<br><br><br>got a copy of that you can email us 8) 8) 8) :eek: 8) ;D ;D

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
<br>The strange thing was that the cops caught the guys trying to load it onto a ship container at the Seaport.<br>
<br><br> Your stolen bronco was going overseas?

LSUpete

Contributor
Bronco Guru
When I went to claim it, the cops said it was on it's way to South America with some other SUV's.  Who the hell knows what thieves have on their minds.