• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Best Kill Switch/Theft Deterrent

G

what if you have a big a** horn? When he gets in and tries to start it, have the horn go off and not go off until someone turns it off. There for he would be going down the road with a 115 decibals of noise going through his brain? :eek: :eek: When we get in we just flick a switch and it goes off. ;D We could mount it somewere were you can't see it or get to it quicly, maybe make a little cage around it so you cant hit it. Any comments????? :)

Jeepster

Bronco Guru
unfortunately the only sure fire way is to take the wheels off but, even thats iffy :eek: ::) (flatbed/chain/winch/friction :eek:) not a pretty sight.

OP
OP
c2computer

c2computer

Loc.
Castle Rock, CO
This was a lot of fun starting this topic... some great ideas.<br><br>I picked up a Grant wheel remover last night.  I figured what the hell I might as well try it.  I don't like the micro lock, I heard they lose their pressure overnight sometimes!  If they want to steal it with a pair of pliers like someone said before, I guess go for it.  There are easier targets.  The coil wire is good but a good thief that wants to steal a Bronco will probably come prepared...<br><br>

broncorotor76

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Omaha,Nebraska
<br>
<br>This was a lot of fun starting this topic... some great ideas.<br><br>I picked up a Grant wheel remover last night.  I figured what the hell I might as well try it.  I don't like the micro lock, I heard they lose their pressure overnight sometimes!  If they want to steal it with a pair of pliers like someone said before, I guess go for it.  There are easier targets.  The coil wire is good but a good thief that wants to steal a Bronco will probably come prepared...<br><br><br>
<br><br>I could see that some moron trying to steal a eb steering with a pipe wrench :eek:

astark

Contributor
Bronco God
About twenty five years ago, I tried pulling the coil wire off a running wide open V-8 motor and will never forget the experience. If there was some way to channel that energy into the potential theif, that would be one heck of a deterent.

broncodan1

::)<br>i got a diehard battery with a built in chip so when you<br>hit the remote,it shut off 95% of the power,just lets <br>enough juice flow to your radio/accessories workin'.<br>whoops, thats not totally right,when i've forgottan to<br>hit the remote,the car starts, then dies....until you<br>reset it.unless they bring there own battery,it ain't<br>goin' anywhere!!! :-* :-*<br>i've had it for three years,no problems..<br>dan<br>oh,it was $150...

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
<br>
<br>Best and fastest idea yet: pop your hood and take your coil wire with you.<br>
<br><br> I think the rotor is cleaner and smaller to take with you. Plus it doesn't look too obvious.

broncorotor76

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Omaha,Nebraska
Ok get 2 mannequins in there and a tape recorder. Have it setup to be rig as a motion detector. When a would be thief trys to get in it will say in a sissy voice excuse me we r trying to film the debauchery scene for Deliverance 2 :eek:

brian72

Early Bronco Student
Have URL for the grant steering wheel remover product??   I went and looked and did not see what I thought I should see.  Only works with grant steering wheels??<br><br> brian

OP
OP
c2computer

c2computer

Loc.
Castle Rock, CO
Yes it only works with Grant Wheels.  I have a signature series and I think it works with Challenger and one other.<br>It is located under horns, buttons and accessories link.<br><br><br>It is on their site.  Summit has them also for about $95 or so?  

G

I wired my ignition so that when you turn the key it only turns all the power on. If you want to start it you have to push the window wash button in (like a start button in race cars only not so obvious). I have had the ignition punched two times and the bronco was still there the next day (could not get it started). Lost my deck and speakers though, both times.

2Broncos2Go

Bronco Guru
[quote author=DArnoldy link=board=5;threadid=897;start=15#1731 date=1017024343]<br>maybe someone could fabricate some sort of removeable shifter, then you could leave it in gear and take the shifter with ya, or somethin like that..<br>Daniel<br>[/quote]<br><br>[glow=yellow, 2, 300]This sounds like a job for BroncoGod Howiebilt![/glow]

clay

Autolock<br><br>I have had an autolock for about 4 years. Two times I've found evidence that someone was in the Bronco, but they never even bothered trying to start it because they couldn't figure out how to get the clutch free.<br><br>
bigstep3.gif
<br><br>

bronco-uno

Loc.
wisconsin
Where i am from theft is not much of a problem. I can park my car outside all year long with the keys in it. That is the great thing about living in the country.