• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

best radiator for the buck

OP
OP
74LIFE

74LIFE

Loc.
rolling prairie,ind
I was looking at that one, one probelm i have is that i have a 3'' body lift and i want to run a fan off the engine the one i was using was cut in half and cobbled together just trashed that one yesterday, plus there was alot of space between the fan and the shroud not alot of air flow. does any one make a shroud to accomidate a 3'' lift or do i need to drop rad down, some ideas or pic,s would be helpfull thank's

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
Just don't get an aluminum one....... You can always adjust your rad mounts to work with you application

Mark

Contributor
Bronco Klutz
Loc.
NW Indiana
I was looking at that one, one probelm i have is that i have a 3'' body lift and i want to run a fan off the engine the one i was using was cut in half and cobbled together just trashed that one yesterday, plus there was alot of space between the fan and the shroud not alot of air flow. does any one make a shroud to accomidate a 3'' lift or do i need to drop rad down, some ideas or pic,s would be helpfull thank's
easy...
Tom's has a shroud built for a 3" body lift
http://www.tomsbroncoparts.com/product.php?id=353

I have a 3" body lift and have this shroud and run the mechanical fan. Fit is real nice and I have the BC's radiator. I am VERY happy with it. This combination keeps my 423 stroker below 210 degrees even all day on the trail.

BroncoDave

Loc.
Washington
I went with a stock replacement from broncograveyard. $219, fits in the stock mounts, cools well. I have never had any cooling issues, running shorty headers, stock shroud, nothing else trimmed or removed. And when you destroy it being a crazy man you don't have to feel horrible about destroying your $400+ pretty radiator.
http://broncograveyard.com/bronco/c-11

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
Harrison triple core.
At your neighborhood radiator shop.
Even though I really owe a lot of thanks to Tom's, their radiators suck. Go to the pros. Get the same "Chuck's special" from them for less!

Duke Nukem

Loc.
Simi Valley
I once went with one of those cheaper 4-core radiators and and it kept having problems with pinhole leaks. Lasted only 2 years. Put in a BC Broncos HD 3-core radiator and it has worked great with zero problems and keeps my 351W running cool. If I were putting a radiator into another bronco I would go with BCB every time.

Mikey

Bronco Guru
For me, I only use Modine HD for any copper/brass application. Have them in my 68 Cougar and both 5.0Ls. Haven't changed out the one in the Bronco yet so not sure what it is. Some of the other brands actually use epoxy on parts of the assembly which will last under 5 years....ask me how I know.

I don't like aluminum for all sorts of reason. Can point to an article that explains it better than I can...in a nutshell, high cost, poor fit, poor reliability.

wildbill

Old Bronco Guy
:D :D :D I dont think you can beat a stock ford one good luck.%) %) %) Bill %) :cool: ;D