• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Best Radiator

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
Another testiment to the BC or a stock recored radiator. I've tried a 4row form another vender wasnt impressed with it and it leaked. went to the BC radiator and no issues.

When I gave up on the duff 4-corre(leaks) I swapped in the standard 3-core from bc. It keeps it cooler than the 4-core ever did.

Interesting.......I may do the same brother. I gave the 4 core a chance. 20+ years.
WH now has a triple pass "4" core. Have any of you guys tried it sounds interesting but probably over kill for me.

RODRIG3911

Contributor
Loc.
Tucson
X3 aluminum Champion. I live in a very hot desert (Southern AZ) and it always keeps my engine cool and has never leaked. I've had it @ 5yrs. Looks great and cheap too

Last edited:

Texas CB

Loc.
Austin
Not trying to hijack this thread but what is the consensus on on the TBP 3 core aluminum radiator? Just ended up with one to replace a leaky OEM copper one. Saved the copper core one in case it can be repaired. Leak was pinhole and sporadic. May put it up for sale here.

Jdgephar

Bronco Guru
Not trying to hijack this thread but what is the consensus on on the TBP 3 core aluminum radiator? Just ended up with one to replace a leaky OEM copper one. Saved the copper core one in case it can be repaired. Leak was pinhole and sporadic. May put it up for sale here.

I gave the Toms aluminum a chance. Put it in this spring. No issues so far. Had to get the smaller fan spacer with it, and the new mounts. I'm not very impressed with the mounts, other than they look nice. The fit could be better.

bronco t

Contributor
Loc.
San Diego CA
I put the Toms in three years ago and have had no problem cooling or leaking. But then again I am 90 street, and the rest mild trail. I concure that the shiny brackets could use some refinements.

stlo

Bronco Guru
Loc.
tulsa
When I called to order a champion they suggested this one on there website..... Scroll down for additional options
For the 2 Row Radiator you need the 4 Row mounts due to the thickness of the radiator

Click to enlarge image(s)
American Eagle All Aluminum Radiator
2-Row Core, 1" Thick tubes
Cools 500hp

Core 19" Tall X 19" Wide
Total 21” Tall x 25” Wide
inlet 1 ½” driver side / outlet 1 3/4” pass side
Tanks 2 1/2” thick
Transmission Cooler included
Radiator Cap Included

When using electric fans:
One 16" Electric fan recommended for this core size
Fan shipping is FREE when purchased with a radiator

SKU AE521
Price $189.98
Sale Price $179.98
Qty

Cools great and have had no problems so far

70_Steve

Old Guy
I had mentioned possibly using a Champion radiator with a Ron Davis shroud. Polished up it looks great. And airbur was kind enough to post a picture of his setup in another thread.

I have not heard too many complaints about the Champion radiator, which is not the case with the Ron Davis radiators. And considering the Ron Davis radiator is about two and a half times the cost of the Champion...

http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2355820&postcount=3