• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bikini Top + Heavy Rain...not good

rdv350

Loc.
Scranton, PA
I went away this past weekend for a wedding and before I left I covered my bronco with a tarp because they were calling for a chance of showers on Sunday and I only had the bikini top on. Well a chance of showers turned into an 1 1/2" of rain in half hour. So yesterday when I got home I found out the tarp didn't hold up to well and my bikini top turned into a pool! It trapped a lot of water on it and stretched out pretty bad. I took it off and laid it down on the garage floor in hopes it will return back to its original shape, but I'm thinking it might be stretched too much. Is there any chance of the top shrinking back to size, or is it shot? I didn't have a chance to put it on this morning before I left, so I won't know until I get home.

Bronco

Loc.
Mountain View, CA
this happened to me once, or a couple times. i found that it shrunk back some. i just tightened the straps and was good to go.

jpalmer

Loc.
Boise, ID
I got about a foot of snow on mine last year and now it's like new. Just give it some time and it should return close to original shape.

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
The coolest thing about bikini tops and the rain pool is when you make the first right turn with your window up. If you have a passenger always try to make the first turn a left.

jedblake

Loc.
Boulder City, NV
It will shrink back and re-tighten. I just bought a cover at Four Wheel Parts for a Heep, $109 with bag, cable and lock. Works great on my roadster but not sure on the U15's

OP
OP
R

rdv350

Loc.
Scranton, PA
It will shrink back and re-tighten. I just bought a cover at Four Wheel Parts for a Heep, $109 with bag, cable and lock. Works great on my roadster but not sure on the U15's

I saw those, I know they make them for different model jeeps, which one did you get?

ugly_od_eb

Loc.
Moyock, NC
I had the same top on 24/7 for a couple years, best thing to do is get good seat covers (i got corbeau baja seats) "bucket" seats lol, and when the top is full of water... that left turn trick is fun but when your by yourself... just drive forward at an easy pace and then slam on the brakes and push the top up all the water will go over onto the hood or w/e is in front of you ;D

Chief Master Sergeant

Retired U.S. Air Force
Yep, just leave it sitting in the sun and it should draw back pretty close to where it was before. My neighbor used a hair dryer on his jeep top and it worked the same.

casadejohnson

Bronco Alchemist

I would like to see a pic of what you got.

OP
OP
R

rdv350

Loc.
Scranton, PA
Usually bikini tops and rain is a good thing....

Your right, guess I have been looking at this all wrong!

I did put the top on this morning and it did shrink back pretty good. It is still a little stretched, but a lot better than when i first took it off.

69 Fl. Bronc

I have a couple of pieces of plywood to make a T. Rains every day here (a lot) and this keeps the puddle away.