• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Body Alignment to TDK Frame

bspooner

So I have a 74 that was a complete mess due to heavy corrosion. I decided to go with a new Throttle Down Kustoms (TDK) frame and began the restoration from the ground up. I have only heard great things about the TDK frames, and was impressed with the absolute attention to detail and craftsmanship when the frame showed up at my home in San Diego. I currently have it leveled in my garage, with the body built from the rear forward from a TBP "Bronco in a box" standard body kit. I took measurements from what remained of my old body and what I could find on the TBP website to construct everything up to the firewall. However I am having quite an issue with the distance from the forward door posts to the core support. The TBP forward posts are not great and required a bit more trimming and massaging to get them to fit. once fitted with the doors hung and gapped and the front fenders installed the core support appears to be about an inch farther forward than the body mount on the TDK frame. Everything is bubble leveled or laser leveled. The hard top is installed for symmetry?

Has anyone had these issues?

duffymahoney

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Every single aftermarket panel will need a good amount of work to fit correctly. At least that is what I have found.

OP
OP
B

bspooner

What makes it worse is that I basically had nothing to start with. Someone had grafted stainless into the floors and kick panels. The rest of the trucks was worthless with regards to measurements because of all the rust, hence the TDK Frame and body kit.