• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Body Lift and Tire Size Question

orygunbou71

Loc.
Ashland, Oregon
Hi there i have a 1970 Bronco that is stock sitting on 31 10.5 r15 i am planning on putting on a 2" body lift because i am eventually going to the Duff 4-link setup. My question is what tire size can i fit under my rig with the body lift? I would like to run 33 12.5 r15 BFgoodrich Mud Terrain KM2 the krawler mud cross tires on 15"x10" rims. Is this possible???

Broncobowsher

Total hack
With trimmed fender openings you can run 33 12.50s with no lift at all. Does a nice job of giving that full wheel well look.

So a 2" body lift will leave plenty of room with 33's.

Can you run 35's? That gets tougher. The problem isn't height, it is width. That is the width of the wheel well from the back. A 35 can go up fine, but they tend to jam up in the front edge of the wheel well rather badly. Going taller dopesn't really work until you get to the point that it can no longer actually go into the wheel well, then it is good.

JamesR

Loc.
Watkinsville
I have a 3.5 suspension lift and a 1 in body lift. (the blushings are 1.5 in actually). I'm running 33x15.5. The tires are too wide; they rub the radius arms with tight turns. Next time I may go with narrower tires. I was running 30's with no problems at all.

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
Hi there i have a 1970 Bronco that is stock sitting on 31 10.5 r15 i am planning on putting on a 2" body lift because i am eventually going to the Duff 4-link setup. My question is what tire size can i fit under my rig with the body lift? I would like to run 33 12.5 r15 BFgoodrich Mud Terrain KM2 the krawler mud cross tires on 15"x10" rims. Is this possible???

cut or uncut?