• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Body so badly rusted, my build, will call her Rusty.

tk1218

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Flower Mound
Unbelievable rust. I would not know where to start. I know someone that has much better bodies sitting around in his back yard.

asinor

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tulsa, OK
You are all insane.

It cannot be economical (time is money) to rebuild something that far gone. The time alone it would take you you could mow lawns for cash and buy a better tub or a FG tub.

There isn't even enough body left to keep original for sentimental reasons.

JB Fab doesn't count, he still only has 1/2 a Bronco body :p

OP
OP
E

Edger6

Loc.
Hampton,
You are all insane.

It cannot be economical (time is money) to rebuild something that far gone. The time alone it would take you you could mow lawns for cash and buy a better tub or a FG tub.

Thank you that's what I thought. I just wanted to make sure. 98 percent of that body will go to scrap. Hood is good. Nobody has said if that rear fender is good enough for somebody to try and save or not? I don't need it or have the skills to really save it.

Today will be a sad day as I am taking the first load of the body to the scrap. It makes me sad to do it, but Its not worth anything but scrap.

somebody might want the grill for garage art

Thanks for the idea. now how can I make the lights work off the house electric?

Devin

Bronco Kineticist
You are all insane.

Of course it isn't economical.....but it is freaking cool as hell when people salvage something that is this far gone. My favorite builds are always ones where they truly do resurrect something from the dead.

ObscureMachine

Seatbelt Orifice Officer
Loc.
World Headquarters
Of course it isn't economical.....but it is freaking cool as hell when people salvage something that is this far gone. My favorite builds are always ones where they truly do resurrect something from the dead.

Agreed. The other thing is that sense of satisfaction that YOU really built it, had your hands on every part and then know every inch of it, never wondering what some other idiot might have done.

71massbronco

Bronco Guru
I feel your pain. I bought a 71 in feb of this year and thought I could breathe a little life back into it. Turns out it is in better shape then yours but only things decent on it are frame, engine, top, windshield frame. The plan now is to go with a glass tub. Rock on bro!

dube

Bronco Guru
Loc.
big lake Mn
ok, you win. thats a pos. but like said before, when you build it back up you will know every inch of it. good luck with the build. and have fun.

Revelation

Bronco Guru
Call Mike at 570-864-9903, You will thank me.
Yea even that one is to far gone for me.
FirstDayHome2Medium-1-1.jpg