• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

boy oh boy did a get a good deal on this bronco...

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Not real sure what your talking about here. Did you forget to add a pic? Or is it just now you have one bronco that runs?

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Tried to open it, will give it another whirl in the morning...

OP
OP
broncomitch

broncomitch

Bronco Guru
Loc.
west jordan, utah
sorry, computers hard drive is going out so its junk.

looked at the motor more. looking in the #1 cylinder i can still see honing marks, and flat top pistons. I'm going to try and track down the PO and find out whats up with this thing.

mmmmm. video makes it sound like its running underwater lol i tryed to make a video when the exhaust was off but was to loud to hear anything,so i put the flow's on it and it's still loud as hell but has a really deep rumble. can even feel it in my body and on he ground!

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Nice job! Beefy roller rockers and ARP bolts, eh? Nice bonus if they're still in good shape, which they look to be from here.

Paul

OP
OP
broncomitch

broncomitch

Bronco Guru
Loc.
west jordan, utah
whats a good way to test them? there not loose and the valve lash is perfect on all of them. who ever put them on really took there time.

tryed to get a pic of the flat top piston's but no go.

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Not tests needed as long as they are not making noise just leave them as is. Look like the rockers I have on my bronco Crane energizers

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Sounds like you've got it all apart now. That right? As for inspections, pretty much what he said. But the main one, if it's not running, is just visual. Look for any marring of the valve tips or the roller tips. Pull one apart and inspect the trunnion and bearings (if any. Some use bushings) and look for anything suspect.
Unless the engine had an oiling problem, or was set up incorrectly, or raced extensively, I doubt that there's anything really wrong with them.
You can always check with a manufacturer (they do look like Crane's) to see if there's a clearance spec to go by on the trunnions and tips.

Paul

OP
OP
broncomitch

broncomitch

Bronco Guru
Loc.
west jordan, utah
na its all still together. ill pull a few off and check them out. i might be selling this bronco, so want to know for sure what it has and what shape its in. ill be sending the PO a letter in the morning asking him to call me. how much are they new? i can only find a price for chevy rockers.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hmm, well, if it was running ok before, I wouldn't go to the trouble of a deep inspection just to sell it.
Yes, I'm the type that wants to make sure that the next owner is getting what they're paying for, but unless you know or think there's an issue, it might be more trouble than it's worth. After all, roller rockers are pretty robust unless abuses.
Up to you though. If you want to get in there and check a few out, I'd be curious what you find.

BTW, is this the same engine you're having ignition troubles with? Or is it another one entirely?

Paul

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Hard to say what they cost now but I do know they were cheaper than almost everything else when I bought mine.