• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

boy oh boy did i have a bad day and i learned not to show off

broncomitch

Bronco Guru
Loc.
west jordan, utah
ya.. so i pull the bronco out of the garage to well...show off to the cute girls that moved in down the street ;D

i thought my brakes worked some what, but i fired it up and started backing up and forgot to lower my back hoop for my soft top...crunch...bent it all up and had no brakes, so pulled the hoop off bent it back straight and started bleeding the brakes. (brakes kick ass BTW)

so start driving down the drive way and my steering binds up? backed up and it went away. beats me?

so im cruising down the road and my motor starts making this knocking noise!

open the hood and guess what, my harmonic balancer is falling apart making my pulleys knock against each other and flipped my belts!.

determined.

i pull my pulleys off and start hitting my balancer with the ole hammer and got it semi straight again. slapped it all back together and it runs out of gas!
go get some gas fires right up and i start making my way to there house.....not there anymore!!!!:mad:

so Head for home and go to push on the brake when this kid runs out in front of me not even looking,mom and dad sitting right on there porch not even paying attention to what there kids are doing. so i slam on my brakes light the tires up and POP go's straight to the floor!
so i swerve to miss the kid and fly over the kerb onto the side walk and slam it in reverse.

i got out and gave those parents a ear full, i was so shaken up im sure i was mumbling wile cussing them out telling them what shitty parents they are, had the shakes for hours.

pic of my popping noise.

bax

Contributor
Old Member
I think Chuck may be able to help you out with some parts to fix that.
Glad everyone is OK.

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
Maybe next time have the cute girls come over and give you a hand on the EB.

broncokak

Bronco Guru
How cute? Hope she was worth it. Not a stage 5 clinger type is she? LOL

OP
OP
broncomitch

broncomitch

Bronco Guru
Loc.
west jordan, utah
lol thats awesome.

there is 3 of them. and very very very very cute. i alone have no chance, (pulse have a GF %) ) but with the bronco i might have a chance with one of them. she has a lifted jeep on 35's with long arms and even some body damage:eek:

johnnybgood74

Bronco Guru
Loc.
boise, idaho
Mitch, what you need is a bible, bottle of holy water and a priest! you need to excersize that demon out of your Bronco!!!! LOL

OP
OP
broncomitch

broncomitch

Bronco Guru
Loc.
west jordan, utah
Mitch, what you need is a bible, bottle of holy water and a priest! you need to excersize that demon out of your Bronco!!!! LOL
CURSE YOU DEMON! LEAVE THIS PLACE! GO BACK TO HELL WHERE YOU CAME FROM!
lol

Pictures, pictures, pictures...and not of just the Heep.

oh yes be a total creeper, walk up and start taking pic's of them.....is that a cop car i hair?? lol ill see what i can do without having a creeper label on my forehead. there not moved in yet.

broncokak

Bronco Guru
oh yes be a total creeper, walk up and start taking pic's of them.....is that a cop car i hair?? lol ill see what i can do without having a creeper label on my forehead. there not moved in yet.

LOL, now that was funny!

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
See what trying to chase tail will make you do. Your impressive rig is trying to tell you something.
You should have stopped when you bent the soft top hoop and had no brakes.
Sounds like your truck needs a lot of work before driving it again and either wreaking it or killing someone.

Explorer

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Raphine, Virginia
See what trying to chase tail will make you do. Your impressive rig is trying to tell you something.
Sounds like your truck needs a lot of work before driving it again and either wreaking it or killing someone.

Unfortunatly, wisdom comes only with age. And some never learn.

broncosbybart

Bronco Guru

my thoughts exactly. it wasn't the kids fault that the brakes gave out on the bronco, or the harmonic balancer about fell off, or anything else. i'm just glad my family doesn't live down the street.

trailpsycho

Bronco Guru
Actually, its probalby a blessing they werent there to see you almost run down a kid b/c your junk had no brakes and your balancer was drunk. Do a "Rocky" and lick that truck back into shape and then go meet the ladies; they will be more impressed that you are able to stop and idle--without spitting up a belt, than if you idled by 'cause you couldnt wrestle your pony to stop at the show.

Good luck. And after you whip your pony back into submission (not with the hammer--for God's sake), be sure to take pics of the pretty ladies--Jeep not necessary.

cgbexec

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Naples, FL
Brakes, Brakes, Brakes!!!!!!!!!!!!! They are the #1 most important thing on a vehicle! Get them fixed before you drive it again.

ncsubronc

Brakes, Brakes, Brakes!!!!!!!!!!!!! They are the #1 most important thing on a vehicle! Get them fixed before you drive it again.

x2... blew a hole in my rusted 39 year old brake lines sitting at a stop sign this weekend. thank goodness i was stopped before the pedal went to the floor. not a good feeling when i think about the hill i would have been heading down if they hadn't went out when they did. filled up the m/c turned around and headed back home to park it until i can get them fixed.

cgbexec

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Naples, FL
The 2nd most important thing is emergency brakes! Steering comes in at 3rd place followed by seat belts & signal lights. Get your truck road worthy before you mow down a child! Then you can chase tail all you want.

Off my soap box!

OP
OP
broncomitch

broncomitch

Bronco Guru
Loc.
west jordan, utah
well for one, i didnt blame the parents for the brake problem. i was bitching them out cus there kids where playing in the street and they didnt even stop to think...oh cars drive on the street,my kids might get ran over! i always see those kids in the street almost hit them a number of times along with other people.

when it all happened they didnt even care that there kid almost died.

2nd, the brakes where working perfect till i slamed on them as hard as i could.

replaced my balencer and pully's today.

if we lisened to our bronco's problem telling, they would never leave the drive way %)