• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

brake lights stuck on help!

bigbri69

Loc.
tomsriver
brake lights r stuck on even when key is off.the only way is to unplug the switch on the brake peddle or it will kill my battery.cleaned the switch ant cant seem to see what else it can be.any help will be great.thanks

Kelpsniper

Loc.
Ft. Lewis/Tacoma
i had the same problem when i put the Duff power brake kit on my ride but it went away always wonder if it was positioning or the switch or?

Fredly1

I had a similar issue when I installed my hydroboost setup. I had to adjust the linkage just a little and my brake lights went out.

Steve83

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Memphis, TN, USA, Earth, Milky Way
If pulling the pedal doesn't help, it sounds like the linkage is too long, and the switch thinks the pedal is always pressed. Try removing the switch from the pedal arm, with the wires STILL ATTACHED. If the lights go off, adjust the pushrod. If they stay on, replace the switch.

Hovtherid

Loc.
Calhoun
Are u sure it's the brake lights? Or could it be the turn signal bulbs. Reason I ask is I had a issue with turn signals staying on and it was as simple as a bulb burnt out

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
Are u sure it's the brake lights? Or could it be the turn signal bulbs. Reason I ask is I had a issue with turn signals staying on and it was as simple as a bulb burnt out

Turn signals don't get power with key off. Brake switch does.