• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bronco "Cop" Spot light. HELP???

67halfcab

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Michigan
Anyone have one of these "Cop" Spot lights on their Bronco?<br><br>This one came off of my 71' and I want to put it on my 67'<br>
Coplight.jpg
<br><br>The problem I have is that the light burned out so I pulled it apart to find out the part number of the light and now I don't know which way the springs go back into it.<br><br>
Coplight2.jpg
<br><br>Anyone have any ideas how those darn screwy retaining springs go back into it?

eBronc

Loc.
Austin, Texas
Not sure how to get that one back together, but you can find used and new ones on eBay pretty cheap.<br><br>I got one off a Chicago police cruiser for $25, and it's in excellent shape and works great. I drilled the driver's side A-pillar on my daily driver Cherokee and installed it. It's great for shining into rear view mirrors of all those jerks that zoom past the long line of traffic and cut in front of me.

astark

Contributor
Bronco God
Those clips are kind of like the ones on KC slimlites and are a bear to put together. Basically the long end of the clip will fit on the front I think and the short U part has to fit into the other end with their spring tension outward, so it snaps into place and holds it in as you press the front into the base. It's been a while since I have done this and I may be wrong, but keep messing with them and all of a sudden you will get it.<br><br>Another option may be to drill a hole through both pieces and bolt them together. There may also be a rubber gasket that goes between the two pieces to keep water out and if necessary you can make one yourself, or shop for a big O-ring.<br><br>Good luck and if all else fails take it to work and pass it around as one of those tricky puzzels like a Rubiks Cube or what ever those were.

thesnake

Bronco Guru
67HalfCab, I can't help, but that spotlight is cool. I've only seen them in the 74 bronco catalog, never on a bronco. If you get it together and on the truck, I'd sure like to see a pic! <br><br>Snake

DPM77

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Seattle, Washington
WHere did it mount? I have always liked those. I have seen them on cars and trucks in the 40's and 50's. You might try searching resto websites and seeing if you can get them there. I have considered mounting one dead center front on the top so either the driver or navigator could operate it. Be a good addition for 'wheeling, a directional off road light.<br><br>thanks, <br><br>dpm

WyleCoyote

Bronco Guru
You can also check out Galls. They sell mostly to Police/Fire/Medic etc, but civilians can buy from them also.

OP
OP
67halfcab

67halfcab

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Michigan
[quote author=astark link=board=5;threadid=12099;start=0#90045 date=1039497583]<br>Any luck with the light yet 67HalfCab.<br>[/quote]<br><br>Nope not yet. I've been to busy pulling the 302 EFI out of the Crown Vic and also trying to get my 87' Taurus running again to even think about it.

OP
OP
67halfcab

67halfcab

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Michigan
[quote author=dpm77 link=board=5;threadid=12099;start=0#89812 date=1039460825]<br>WHere did it mount? I have always liked those. I have seen them on cars and trucks in the 40's and 50's. You might try searching resto websites and seeing if you can get them there. I have considered mounting one dead center front on the top so either the driver or navigator could operate it. Be a good addition for 'wheeling, a directional off road light.<br><br>thanks, <br><br>dpm <br>[/quote]<br><br>If you look close enough you can see where it was mounting on the drivers side windshield frame about half way down and of course this was before I pulled it apart.<br><br>The steed is one USED steed as you can tell.<br><br>
71a.jpg

G

Dang...........make sure no one breathes to close to that heap ! It might just fall apart !

bronco_boy_66

Loc.
Indiana
[quote author=73 Bronco link=board=5;threadid=12099;start=0#93293 date=1040425583]<br>Dang...........make sure no one breathes to close to that heap ! It might just fall apart !<br>[/quote]<br><br><br>That is Michigan for ya, lol!

BwoncoHowie

C-4 Wizard
[quote author=67HalfCab link=board=5;threadid=12099;start=0#90367 date=1039578447]<br>[quote author=astark link=board=5;threadid=12099;start=0#90045 date=1039497583]<br>Any luck with the light yet 67HalfCab.<br>[/quote]<br><br>Nope not yet. I've been to busy pulling the 302 EFI out of the Crown Vic and also trying to get my 87' Taurus running again to even think about it. <br>[/quote]<br><br>Can you tell by the rust stains inside the headlight ring?<br>It seems that a similar one I had, the wire loop presses against the sealed beam and the 2 wire ends tuck under the rim.<br> ::) <br><br>BH

OP
OP
67halfcab

67halfcab

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Michigan
<br><br>Can you tell by the rust stains inside the headlight ring?<br>It seems that a similar one I had, the wire loop presses against the sealed beam and the 2 wire ends tuck under the rim.<br> ::) <br><br>BH<br>
<br><br>I wish there were some rust stains I could look at but unfortunetly there wasn't any.<br><br>Good idea though.

Jeepster

Bronco Guru
yea there is. I can see them in the photo.(about 11 o'clock on the cap) I think the sq part slips into the cap with the "leg" holding the bulb down against the cap.

OP
OP
67halfcab

67halfcab

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Michigan
[quote author=jeepster link=board=5;threadid=12099;start=15#93478 date=1040508406]<br>yea there is. I can see them in the photo.(about 11 o'clock on the cap) I think the sq part slips into the cap with the "leg" holding the bulb down against the cap.<br>[/quote]<br><br>I see what you are looking at in the photo and am not sure what that is, but unfortunetly it isn't a "Spring" rust stain. <br><br>Good eyes though. I never really noticed that in the picture.<br><br>I've become so focused on cleaning my engine bay and installing my 302 SEFI that I haven't even looked at the light since I started this post.<br>Tomorrow I'm painting the entire engine bay w/ Por15 Silver. Then onto installing the motor.<br><br>It's getting closer and closer to being able to move under her own power again, and I can't wait.