• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bronco front fenders?

V75bronco

We're looking to buy some new front fenders for our 1975 Ford Bronco and can't figure out which one is the best made? We've seen some reviews on fender that were completely opposite and didn't fit the bronco and therefore needed to be adjusted and / or modified. Who offers the best?

Lawndart

Loc.
I do have a new set of Ford fenders; I would suspect they are the best. I have boxes, but would suspect shipping will be costly. Located in Gardner, KS.

muskrat

Bronco Guru
Never had to purchase a front fender but I’d say Dennis Carpenter.

Supposedly they have the original Ford tooling.

Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BGBronco

Contributor
N A S H V I L L E
Loc.
Tennessee
All the vendors sell them. In terms of the 'best,' that's pretty subjective based on what I have read. Even with the best, they are getting attached to 50 yo body so there are typically lots of tweaks required.

bronkenn

Contributor
Bronco Guy
Loc.
Southeast Ohio
After seeing some of the "new" fenders, I think I would use the ones that come not pre-welded so you can custom fit them to your truck.

phred

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Earth
No matter whose fenders you buy they will requir some work to get to fit. Remember these things were built as work trucks to the body lines were never perfect. Job One was the doors and hood shit and latched. Gaps didn’t matter.

Timmy390

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Conway, AR
New fenders are all made by the same supplier maybe 2. I went DC assembled and it took me 8 hours per side to get them PERFECT with stock doors and grill. I had to remove several spot welds, adjust things and reweld.

Tim

Speedrdr

Contributor
Not so wise OLD owl
Loc.
Paris, MS
Not sure if Ford even has an EB front fender source these days. I bought a pair through Ford in ‘80-‘81 and they fit as close to perfect as could be. All the gaps were even. Worst problem was getting the old fenders off. I’ve got WH fenders this time and hope they fit first time.

Randy

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I’d say Dennis Carpenter.
Supposedly they have the original Ford tooling.
They do. But not for the front fenders.
As far as I know, they have never had the stamping dies for the front fenders. Or if they did, they were not usable so they actually import front fenders along with many of the other body parts. That may have changed in the last few years, but if so I’m not aware of that.

Torkman66

Contributor
If you have the time, some welding skills, and patience, get the fenders that come with all of the welded sections separate (Dennis Carpenter I think has them). I got the ones aleardy welded up and had to drill out all the spot welds in order to line things up right, then reweld. Would have been better if they all came separate.