• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bronco Graveyard did me right!

Draglink

Loc.
Gloucester, VA
I havent posted here in a while...I sold my Bronco a few months ago. I still check in here at least once a day. I have joined a few other boards (Ford truck boards), but this one is still the best. The people here are all very helpful, and the whole "mood" here is great. I now own a '79 F150 supercab 4x4, and a '79 F350 4x4 wrecker. I'll post a couple pics. ANYWAY, I ordered a bunch of parts for my F350, including shocks. Everything came as promised..a day ahead of what I thought. When I was going over the parts, I opened the shocks and found a shock had been boxed wrong from Skyjacker. Jeffs had the right parts, Skyjacker had boxed it wrong. Of course this was 7:00 Thurs pm. I emailed Jeffs the problem. On Fri. around 8 am I got a call from Jeffs....they said they were very sorry and they would work the problem out...they would call me right back. About 15 min. later they called back, said Skyjacker would overnight(for Sat delivery!!) the correct shock at no charge. They saved my weekend! That is good business in my book. I know nobody is perfect, but its so easy to bash, so I thought I would pass this along. Really I have had good luck with all the major Bronco vendors. Mike

IM000771.jpg

IM000774.jpg

supercaboutside.jpg

Revelation

Bronco Guru
I have ordered from JBG and the only issue's I had were.
1. One part I ordered was used and I did not find out it was not available until I received my order. Ended up being a non-issue when I found the gear I thought I lost.
2. Not a JBG problem, the big brown truck left my $500.00 order at the wrong house, on the wrong street, Thank god for honest people, 8:30 pm a knock on my door, they brought my parts! A call to Brown and a fired employee later I still had my parts as promised.

I think where the problem lies in bad thing happening is people expect everything to be 100% right all the time. With a human factor there is always going to be mistakes.

EB70

Contributor
I really like those trucks. Are you starting an off-road recovery service with the wrecker?

Happy 4th, ROB

brian72

Early Bronco Student
Yeah - what's up with the wrecker? You just like it or ???

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
you probably need to get rid of that raggedy falcon to make room for your new trucks ;D and you are right 99 percent of the time this site is civil and very helpful

billh1289

Contributor
Loc.
Jackson, NJ
I ordered a majority of my parts from Jeff's. I can't say anything bad about them. That was several yeears ago, though. I hope they haven't changed that much since then. Jeff's only made one mistake on an order and rectified it immed. without charge.

77BroncoWag

Contributor
Bronco Guru
fireman1749 said:
Well I ordered my stuff and it says it should be here friday so they did me right too

I'd wait til friday to say that then

OP
OP
Draglink

Draglink

Loc.
Gloucester, VA
The wrecker was one of those things you see on Ebay and say "Damn, thats badass, I've got to have it!" Usually I talk myself out of what ever "it" is.....not this time! I'm having a ball fixing it up. It had an add-a-leaf up front(3"). I put new 6" springs and 2.5" drop shackles, new wheels and tires (36/14.50/16.5 Swamper Trxus, 16.5x12 wheels), cleaning and painting. I have no plans to tow anything other than a buddy or two in a jam. Maybe a few trips to Hatteras. Again, this board is still has the best people! Mike

This is the pic from EBAY.
16_1.jpg