• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bronco Guru????????????????????????????????

NYLES

Bronco Guru
been 3years but 120 sounds bout right? good n tight man good n tight!

shamu

Lucky as the day is long.
Loc.
Sachse,Tx
this comment deals with tech questions so admin, i think it belongs in this catagory.

its just my observation, but i think the titles given to members such as newbie,jr. member, sr. member, and bronco guru can sometimes be misleading and very contrary to the reality of the level of experience.

most of the time you can tell who knows their stuff and those who lack the experience

let me be clear,

if im not mistakeing, im close to becoming a jr. member at 50 posts,
but im still a newbie when it comes to the number of years ive worked on and owned broncos

this is just my opinion but it might be more accurrate to be a newbie at 200 posts
call me crazy%)

but some folks just have to much time on their hands and rack up 20 posts a day

now maybe someone can school me on this and ill have a better understanding on this subject and ill admit im wrong

PS..........
you can tell the real bronco gurus from the fake by the fact that they dont think they know everything

again, be easy on me, i am still a newbie ;D :cool:

I am not a Guru but I will be one someday. There is some stick thrown out here, but with out a dought there are some people on this site whom have forgotten more answers to any problem that you will ever have.
Does it really matter how many post somebody has posted in a day? It is always a good read, some are helpful some are not.
So get you money out and become a contributer and show us what you have and where you live.
Not everybody can be pleased.
I will stand behind every body on this site to help out each other.
It is just a forum so kick back and you will learn something.

00gyrhed

Bronco Guru
Gee I never gave two squirts of rat urine over wnat someones rating was. :) The first time I logged on and saw a guru telling some newbie he absolutelty had to have 3" duals behind his 302 I knew it didn't mean nothing.

bax

Contributor
Old Member
sleeve 50, nut 80...

I got the torque numbers. it's the pre load on the ball joint I can't find. Anyone got a pair of 1.25 degree eccentrics laying around they dont need? I got real money.

travis77

Loc.
Pasadena MD
this comment deals with tech questions so admin, i think it belongs in this catagory.

its just my observation, but i think the titles given to members such as newbie,jr. member, sr. member, and bronco guru can sometimes be misleading and very contrary to the reality of the level of experience.

most of the time you can tell who knows their stuff and those who lack the experience

let me be clear,

if im not mistakeing, im close to becoming a jr. member at 50 posts,
but im still a newbie when it comes to the number of years ive worked on and owned broncos

this is just my opinion but it might be more accurrate to be a newbie at 200 posts
call me crazy%)

but some folks just have to much time on their hands and rack up 20 posts a day

now maybe someone can school me on this and ill have a better understanding on this subject and ill admit im wrong

PS..........
you can tell the real bronco gurus from the fake by the fact that they dont think they know everything

again, be easy on me, i am still a newbie ;D :cool:

Is there a Bronco tech question in there i missed?

bigjhoov

nobody
The sleeve give your pre-load right? Am I missing something?

What do you want the eccentrics for, caster or camber? If camber, I like the rings better.

travis77

Loc.
Pasadena MD
148 posts. I think this is a perfect thread for me to hit "full member" status. I'm sure everyone will be very.....

bax

Contributor
Old Member
The sleeve give your pre-load right? Am I missing something?

What do you want the eccentrics for, caster or camber? If camber, I like the rings better.

Caster
The sleeve installed height is the pre load adjustment, I was just trying to find out what the torque to turn the knuckle is. the force it takes to turn it is the pre load on the ball joint.

bigjhoov

nobody
Caster
The sleeve installed height is the pre load adjustment, I was just trying to find out what the torque to turn the knuckle is. the force it takes to turn it is the pre load on the ball joint.

My chilton is at the shop but I wanna say it's 25lbs for some reason.

fatboy4211

Loc.
Ennis, TX
title or not. i enjoy all the info and input from everybody!

everybody has a different way or easier fix for the same problem. not all our broncs are the same. most of us werent smart enuff to buy one brand new from the dealer...so we end up with what the po passed on to us. some get tired of the bs and do a total restoration.
i on the other hand count on you guys to supply me the info i need to improve my bronco. just the money i saved from not chasing my tail is tremendous. i scan this site every chance i get, just for ideas.
vw1 is a great example of the benefits of this website!
im a contributor because its well worth it!!!
Thanks guys. you can list me anyway you want...i will still take your suggestions and apply what fits my needs.

shamu

Lucky as the day is long.
Loc.
Sachse,Tx
and you need to meet JIM HOLY the bronco guru in north Tx

Charlie I totally agree he has probably had over 10 thousand phone calls about bronco parts and tech advise. And he is happy by not having a computer. I think he is the smart one. LOL

bax

Contributor
Old Member
Very good. that is two people that say 25 pounds. I am all set. thanks. Well lookie there broncodriver99 helped me and he's not even a Guru yet. but jerry did get it first.

Tedster100

Chairman of the Bored
Hey what the heck, I just graduated from Newbie and this post puts me that much closer to the next level for whatever it's worth. Never really been into titles, I've had 3 CJ's and two TJ's in the 21 plus years I've had my Bronco sitting waiting to be finished and now that it's close to being finished I'm way more excited about it than any of the heaps. Newbie or Guru, it's pretty evident who knows their stuff and who doesn't. ;)