• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bronco Guru????????????????????????????????

bax

Contributor
Old Member
Hey what the heck, I just graduated from Newbie and this post puts me that much closer to the next level for whatever it's worth. Never really been into titles, I've had 3 CJ's and two TJ's in the 21 plus years I've had my Bronco sitting waiting to be finished and now that it's close to being finished I'm way more excited about it than any of the heaps. Newbie or Guru, it's pretty evident who knows their stuff and who doesn't. ;)

So your saying I'm stupid? or am I just dumb to think that?

Tedster100

Chairman of the Bored
So your saying I'm stupid? or am I just dumb to think that?

Wow! Nope, not my intention at all. Sorry you took it that way man. I guess what I meant to say is that just because it says "newbie" doesn't mean you just got a set of tools for Christmas and took apart the lawnmower. (me at age 9 btw). It's obvious to me that there are a bunch of pretty smart newbies out there among the smart Guru's.

bax

Contributor
Old Member
Dude relax it's just me. having some fun.

ja840a

Loc.
Denver
it's just title on a message board... nothing to dedicate that much concern to... sometimes i think if i had as much time invested in my bronco as at this computer ..uh.... i'd be broke... hee hee ;D

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Wow! Nope, not my intention at all. Sorry you took it that way man. I guess what I meant to say is that just because it says "newbie" doesn't mean you just got a set of tools for Christmas and took apart the lawnmower. (me at age 9 btw). It's obvious to me that there are a bunch of pretty smart newbies out there among the smart Guru's.

There's Gurus, then there is bax. He's in his own category. :cool:

Tedster100

Chairman of the Bored
I think we should have a series of tests. ( hahahah ) and as you pass them you progress through the levels.

Whew, thought Bax was on the warpath.

I don't know about the tests, I took one of those ink blot tests once. The guy showed me the first one and asked what I saw, I told him I saw a centerfold model. He showed me another and I said it looked like breasts. After I told him the third looked like the one of those trucker mud flap chicks he told me that my problem was that I was obcessed with sex. Not sure why he thought that, he was the one with all the dirty pictures!;D

OP
OP
M

mrborders

hey, now im a junior member :eek:

what changed?

its not a big deal but im just asking
its either bs on this forum or go back to work
and i took my avatar down because im not into sharing shiz with strangers, even if they own broncos

Dave

Contributor
Bronco Guru
this comment deals with tech questions so admin, i think it belongs in this catagory.

its just my observation, but i think the titles given to members such as newbie,jr. member, sr. member, and bronco guru can sometimes be misleading and very contrary to the reality of the level of experience.

most of the time you can tell who knows their stuff and those who lack the experience

let me be clear,

if im not mistakeing, im close to becoming a jr. member at 50 posts,
but im still a newbie when it comes to the number of years ive worked on and owned broncos

this is just my opinion but it might be more accurrate to be a newbie at 200 posts
call me crazy%)

but some folks just have to much time on their hands and rack up 20 posts a day

now maybe someone can school me on this and ill have a better understanding on this subject and ill admit im wrong

PS..........
you can tell the real bronco gurus from the fake by the fact that they dont think they know everything

again, be easy on me, i am still a newbie ;D :cool:

The status is nothing more than an indicator of how long someone has been around and how many post they have made. Not much to do with how knowledgable they are. You have to stick around awhile and you will start to see who knows what. Not everyone knows everything about everything and someone with 1 post can give a valuable answer or someone with 10000 cand fill you with BS.

However just one post like this one makes me think there is a bit of an attitude. I'll put you on my ignore list and suggest you do the same to me so I don't inadvertantly give you misleading "fake" advice.:p

Dave...

canadian broco

However just one post like this one makes me think there is a bit of an attitude. I'll put you on my ignore list and suggest you do the same to me so I don't inadvertantly give you misleading "fake" advice.:p

Dave...

I'm with Dave on this one...:-X

OP
OP
M

mrborders

sorry you feel singled out by my remark dave

just asked a question about asking a question and getting bs answers
not that that has happened alot but i definately didnt understand the title thing and I ASKED A QUESTION ABOUT IT. OPPS my bad ;D

please understand i wont lose any sleep because im on your ignore list :D
i honestly can say this forum is great and very helpful and im very thankful for all the help ive gotten especially from BAX

i figured i would ruffle some feathers, especially guru feathers
the real gurus say ask me a question so i can answer it and you can shut up newbie
read my first post again
even though im not a newbie by title, ive got enough humility to say ill be a newbie for a little longer than my title says

the only reason i asked is because you can read the rules all you want, the titles are still there and to new members they can confuse and mislead. they did me. why cant we all be members?

ransil

Bronco Guru
bump ............ ;D

never believe anything you read on the internet...

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
I'm putting this entire thread on my ignore list until there are some real tech questions.

Bartonatl

Loc.
Atlanta
I thought I knew everything until I came here. Just label be a newbie forever. I will always ask stupid questions about things I don't know about so for that reason, whatever I am working on that day...I am a newbie.
And I don't ever want to be a Guru....too much responsibility with your responses. :)

Devin

Bronco Kineticist
the only reason i asked is because you can read the rules all you want, the titles are still there and to new members they can confuse and mislead. they did me. why cant we all be members?

If you go to the Test and Help forum, Jon put a post up describing the titles. Here it is:

http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showpost.php?p=760924&postcount=1

The most important part of that is the second to the last sentence:

But please remember these are strictly based on post count and just for fun. They have no bearing on experience or post quality, just quantity.

Bottom line is that they are just for fun. Just let it go.

admin

Administrator
Just your friendly, neighborhood webmaster...
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
The titles are just for fun and only reflect the number of posts you have. Doesn't have anything to do with knowledge or experience. There would be no way to track that.

http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87089

Oh, and I'm moving this thread to Test & Help despite some of the attempts to get tech questions in. ;D

Edit - Devin beat me to it.

Last edited: