• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

bronco pulls to the right

U

Unregistered

When I suddenly let off on the accelarator, my 67 bronco lunges to the right.
can I cure this by installing an electric cooling fan. Any suggestions

TJK74

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Newark CA
I'd say check your track bar bushings. I'll bet you find there in need of replacing.

wildbill

Old Bronco Guy
;D ;D ;D NO its the 2speed muffler bearing going bad. %) %) %) Bill :cool: %) :p

SeaBiscuit68

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tacoma Wa
Unregistered said:
When I suddenly let off on the accelarator, my 67 bronco lunges to the right.
can I cure this by installing an electric cooling fan. Any suggestions

Quit letting off on the accelerator! ;D

TOFIC

Bronco Wrencher and Fixer
Loc.
Redcliff Alberta
It needs feeding!!

You haven't fed the beast its ration of rice rocket lately so it is lunging at every parked model it can find.
Take it out and give it a little "exercise" chewing up and spitting out the rice rockets that are polluting the streets.

You might try putting racing air in the tires also, sometimes works

TOFIC

mtkawboy

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Billings Mt
The rudder must be bent. Try cranking hard left when letting off the gas. That should eliminate the problem one way or another.

OP
OP
U

Unregistered

Now that I've heard from the faggot population how about from some real men

jerry

Contributor
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
You kiss your mother with that mouth? Lighten up, dude!

I'm curious as to why you think an electric fan will remedy your problem. Please explain ;D

4x4Alaska

Loc.
Wasilla, Alaska
Unregistered said:
Now that I've heard from the faggot population how about from some real men

If you're gonna talk like that, register up and put a name down :mad: .....the way your question is worded seems to be a joke....more details???

mtkawboy

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Billings Mt
Dont expect much help talking crap about people who can help you when you ask a dumb ass question about putting a fan on to keep the vehicle from pulling to the right. Unless maybe its an airplane or something. If youre going to call people faggots at least have the stones to use a real name.

OP
OP
U

Unregistered

You're on the right track. Wrong direction though....Call your( experenced )mechanic and he'll tell you the same as I'm am going too. Have you ever set a window fan down on the floor and the force blows it over. Thats whats happening in your situation. The fan is turning causing a force to make the front of your bronc go to the left,you're compensating by putting more pressure on the wheel to "hold it" . When you release the pedal suddenly the vehicle will "lunge" right Because the fan isn't causing any force to pull it to the left. I had the same problem 2 years ago on a jeep with a lift kit. solution....I installed a two electric fan unit...with a counter clock and a counterclock wise motion no more pulling to the right. Get a foreign fan unit from the junk yard for a lot less..... the man

SubZero

Loc.
Anchorage, Alaska
Unless you have an 88" prop and your Bronco is very light and has wings, I doubt that the pulling to the right has anything to do with a fan. As YellowBronc said, P-Factor is what your mechanic described.

You should look into things like alignment and suspension setup as opposed to the fan as the source of your problem.

Does it track straight while you are cruising?

Does it pull one side or another under acceleration?

How about normal braking?

Try them out and post results....hopefully after you register :cool:

Mark

rustbucket

Bronco Guru
What happens during braking? Does it make any sounds when you let off the gas? I really don't think the little fan has enough inertia to move the front of the vehicle. If that was the problem, all Bronc's with engine driven fans would experience this. This was pretty common during WWI with the old bi-planes that had radial engines and 8' props, though. Never heard of it in a car.

It sounds like something is happening when weight is transferred to the front when decelerating. This could be a worn or missing track bar bushing, or mayne a "C" bushing or radius arm bushing. I would start with those, and then move to the kingpin or ball joints, whichever you have. Do you have a lift? Then check the angle of the drag link and track bar. They should be paralell. Also make sure your tires are properly inflated and are the same type and with equal wear. If all else fails, replace the 2-speed muffler bearing and take for a test drive.