• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Who All Pulls A Camper With Their Bronco

mofoco1

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Clovis, CA
It sure was Biff it sure was, heard it sold a few months back. I have a bit of sellers remorse, but I needed an EB back in the stables more. Pic was the day before it sold and 7 days before the new owner ran over a van that pulled out in front of him. Still wonder if him reselling it so soon was due to the accident, they had to redo much of the front suspension. Non of my fabrication broke or bent though, only the vendor sourced items.
The toms hitch looks good but I want something beefier and that doesn't hang that low. I have a 3" bodylift and am building it so as to be pushed up to fill in that space somewhat and incorporates HD frame inserts that go back 13" in the frame, Tom's sort of defeats that, as I am also uncut(EB anyway;D and am actually lowering it from the POs attempt at lifting it. Blue 75 on 38.5's was what I sold to buy the Centurion. It just sold again a few weeks back. Still have the rack though, going on the next half cab.

Attachments

• 0716111627-00.jpg
    0716111627-00.jpg
    159.7 KB · Views: 75
  • Mo's 75 EB.jpg
    Mo's 75 EB.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:

broncodriver99

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Glen Allen, VA
IMG_0052-1.jpg

What lift if any and tire size are you running? I am flirting with taking mine back to something a little more stockish and like the stance yours has.

Desert Dweller

Loc.
Central WA
What lift if any and tire size are you running? I am flirting with taking mine back to something a little more stockish and like the stance yours has.
In the picture with the trailer, I'm running 235's... (a little small) stock suspension, and at that time 6 cly springs in the front. Have since changed to V8 front coils as I only had about an inch before the snubbers hit...
Now, I'm running 31's and also changed the rear flares as the openings were too ugly....:cool:

IMG_0524.jpg

001-1.jpg

CJ74BRONCO

Can a bronco safely tow this?

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/rvd/3693780329.html

I have front discs brakes, hydro assist braking, stock 302, with a manual 3 speed. It is rated at 4,000 lbs dry weight and will be close to 6,000 lbs load with atv's but I am thinking folded up it will have very little wind resistance. I want a camping trailer the bronco can tow, yet still bring my toy's. Any advise would be great.

Thanks,
Cory

hmh800

No way I would do it. I had a 13rt Starcraft and the tongue weight just about lifted the front tires off the ground. That camper is just too big to think about towing with a Bronco. I reluctantly sold mine and bought a smaller pop-up. Tows like it's not even there (1600 lbs). I would like to add a small deck on front for one dirt bike, have to see what kind of tongue weight I'd have then.

Tedster100

Chairman of the Bored
Maybe it's me but some of the weights being tosssed around for campers seem a little low. My pop-up is tagged at 3800# bone dry and empty so I would think a regular camper would weigh at least a little more, no? I built a hitch into my bumper and put 4 wheel disks on recently, going to give it a tug & see how it does when the weather breaks.

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
With that long tongue and trailer brakes, I'll bet it would tow fine. The problem is the 4200 lbs. That's a lot of weight for your car. I would think power would be the biggest problem.

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
I would guess depending on power, gearing etc. a weight distributing hitch it would pull it. Handling and stopping will be again to how the rig is set up and how comfortable you are in the saddle with it. An old rule of thumb for small vehicle towing is to never exceed your vehicles gross curb weight, then you have to factor the added wind resistance and how much power that would rob from it as well. I would personally not pull a trailer like that long distance but if you were going 100 miles or less and had things set up to be safe, why not. Cross country, now way would I tow it that far unless of coarse it really handled it well but short wheel base vehicles typically are a handful when towing.