• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Who All Pulls A Camper With Their Bronco

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
A must if towing... but only with an auto.

:)

mofoco1

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Clovis, CA
I use an cooler external and not thru the radiator whether towing or not. 18" extruded for trans and identical one for the power steering.

Attachments

• .temp-5.jpg
    .temp-5.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 132
  • 96.jpg
    96.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 115

Z Bronco

Bronco Guru
I tow a modified M416 military trailer that is loaded full of camp gear, does that count. Old school Pintle hook/Lunette eye setup that works great on and off road, bumper is a old Hanson with the receiver built into the bumper.
K7A1384B3BC20A_1000278.jpg

mofoco1

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Clovis, CA
Z that looks similar to my other trailer it's a modified 1950's David Hadley but it's a 4x6 so it's a little bigger. In fact as soon as winters over I am going to have it sandblasted and paint it to match the 74.

Attachments

• david Bradley trailer3 - Copy1.jpg
    david Bradley trailer3 - Copy1.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 15
  • david Bradley trailer2 - Copy.jpg
    david Bradley trailer2 - Copy.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 13
  • david Bradley trailer1 - Copy.jpg
    david Bradley trailer1 - Copy.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

Blue71

Contributor
Bronco Guru
This camper is around 1100 lbs and the Bronco is stock. Pulls and stops great with stock power front disc brakes.

Blue71

Attachments

• IMG_2473.JPG
    IMG_2473.JPG
    167.4 KB · Views: 258

Jdgephar

Bronco Guru
mofoco - here are some pics of the mount. I drilled three holes through the frame on each side. The hitch comes with a plate with three welded nuts that goes inside the framerail.

1809.jpg
1810.jpg
1811.jpg

Blue71

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Blue whats your hitch setup like, post pics of it if yo can, please.

Its just an old plain jane frame mount hitch. Works great for light stuff.

Blue71

Attachments

• 054.JPG
    054.JPG
    150.7 KB · Views: 65
  • 057.JPG
    057.JPG
    107.4 KB · Views: 79

Sbolt19

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Colorado Springs
I've got an 18' Jayco Eagle trailer. Just for grins I towed it around my neighborhood one day and it was pretty negligible back there. Dry weight is around 1200 and fully loaded it is pushing 2k. The reason I don't tow it with my EB on a regular basis is that I think it's too long and I sit too high (5" susp. lift & 35s). As it is, I push it around the house using my front hitch (just easier) and I have to use a 6" drop receiver and jack the trailer up with a floor jack to get it on the hitch. What I do tow it with is my wife's 03 Durango. It sits a lot lower, is more comfortable for the family and is an auto. I do wish that I had my EB to pull it out of places though because a couple of times I thought the Durango wasn't going to get it out, just wasn't geared low enough.

mofoco1

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Clovis, CA
I actually buried my 95 PS centurion at Pismo with the Coleman. I had to air down both vehicles before I could get out and park. Granted it was cut up pretty bad and the Diesel was still aired up. The popup is pretty heavy with water and all the gear granted. I am doing an axle flip to give it just a bit of clearance and am going with a 15" rim and tire for a bit more width so it floats better on the sand( I got some matching Slots for the trailer so the EB and it will wear matching Zapatos)!

mofoco1

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Clovis, CA
Thx JD. ? for you, are the legs that mount below the frame, follow the contour of the frame, or is it just straight?

Jdgephar

Bronco Guru
The mounting surface on the hitch was flat, but so was my frame where I marked it and bolted it up.

Laker

I pull this little camper trailer around. It is a 1970 Boler. Great little units and pull easily. It doubles as a deer blind/ice fishing shack. Not to mention it is usually the most stared at unit in the campground.

P1080879.jpg