• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bronco Safari 2016

naneumranch

Can anyone break down the safari for me. As in where to stay and what to bring and to expect thru out the week.
Brian

ScanmanSteven

Bronco Guru
Many of us stay at Moab Rim campground but they may be full, that's where it's headquartered at. There are many campgrounds in town, just goggle them and look at the reviews. Haven't stayed at the hotels but there are many but all of Moab is proud so it's pricey. Bring yourself, wife or girlfriend or both, your Bronco and have a good time. Like most events there are trails for everyone or yu can hitch a ride for harder trailer if you not capable. You won't regret going, it's a blast.

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
i just wish they would move the date by a week so I could go..... There are several of us from TX and further east that would go if they would move the date by a week, and its not like they weren't asked about it (it was done many, months ago), that way we could do the TX event, leave from there to Moab, can't do the split, logistically its dumb and too time consuming and expensive. Because of that there are a few of us talking about going a week before. I'm ready to make the 19th trip to Moab:)

As for what to do, bring your significant other, if she likes the outdoors, even if she doesn't like wheeling there's enough there to keep her happy and you can pic some scenic stuff to do that is a blast. IMO the wheeling in Moab isn't so much about how hard you can go but what can you see and probably do some cool stuff while seeing it. Hotels are spendy but plentiful, they do fill fast so plan early, there are lots of camp grounds that are nice and LOTS of free camping on BLM land. Take a day and visit Arches National Park with enough provisions to do some light hiking (mostly short trips well under a mile) you will not regret it. Moab is like no other place on earth.

Last edited:

Monster Mike

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
I know we are slated to go to the LEBC after the Super Celebration in TN. Then we were going to continue on to the Bronco Safari for an epic Bronco 50th Road Trip. Of course James Duff himself will be coming with us. Its a darn shame we cant attend the Safari. James and I have some really cool ideas for the raffle, donating parts we haven't donated in many years that are themed for the 50th...ok ill shut up about that dont want to give anything away yet ;D

So like Yeller we will just have to hit Moab the week before, hell if there is enough of us that decide to do this we could have our own little shindig. I know Wildhorses was talking about going to the Super Celebration and LEBC. maybe we can join forces and convoy from event to event with anyone else who's interested. Now THAT would be EPIC!!

broncokak

Bronco Guru
i just wish they would move the date by a week so I could go..... There are several of us from TX and further east that would go if they would move the date by a week, and its not like they weren't asked about it (it was done many, months ago), that way we could do the TX event, leave from there to Moab, can't do the split, logistically its dumb and too time consuming and expensive. Because of that there are a few of us talking about going a week before. I'm ready to make the 19th trip to Moab:)

As for what to do, bring your significant other, if she likes the outdoors, even if she doesn't like wheeling there's enough there to keep her happy and you can pic some scenic stuff to do that is a blast. IMO the wheeling in Moab isn't so much about how hard you can go but what can you see and probably do some cool stuff while seeing it. Hotels are spendy but plentiful, they do fill fast so plan early, there are lots of camp grounds that are nice and LOTS of free camping on BLM land. Take a day and visit Arches National Park with enough provisions to do some light hiking (mostly short trips well under a mile) you will not regret it. Moab is like no other place on earth.

2018 Steve! That's the graduation present for Pauline.

Bart

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Buffalo Gap, Texas

I don't know about that. We're going to Tennesse, then back to your Texas run and finishing off in Moab. You can do it. Really just DO IT!!!!! Either way, see ya in Mason, Texas

Bart

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Buffalo Gap, Texas
Can anyone break down the safari for me. As in where to stay and what to bring and to expect thru out the week.
Brian

Do a web search for OKRV park and Spanish trail park in Moab. Those two are kinda the overflow RV parks. If you are moteling it, do the same web type surf. As for what to bring "BRING a BRONCO". Depending on what type of trail you prefer bring spare parts. The trails are everything from mild to wild. Bring MONEY.

ScanmanSteven

Bronco Guru
This is our third year for going. The past two years it has been a week earlier so I'm not sure why the change. I didn't think much about it until talking to Monster Mike at the Ford Fall Wheeling event. I'm sure there's a reason for the change but we are a community of enthusiast and some cooperation with scheduling would have been nice, i.e., Bronco Safari. While it may not make any difference to those in charge of picking the Safari date, many won't be able to go or will miss wheeling with friends which sucks. Just my .02.

lilthom

Contributor
Bronco Guru
This is our third year for going. The past two years it has been a week earlier so I'm not sure why the change. I didn't think much about it until talking to Monster Mike at the Ford Fall Wheeling event. I'm sure there's a reason for the change but we are a community of enthusiast and some cooperation with scheduling would have been nice, i.e., Bronco Safari. While it may not make any difference to those in charge of picking the Safari date, many won't be able to go or will miss wheeling with friends which sucks. Just my .02.

I will see you there.

SpareParts

Bronco Guru
Can't wait to get back out to Moab with the family. But unfortunately that has to happen over the summer.

It would be great to do a trip during the summer months, probably early June to stay as much away from the heat. I can't take the kids out of school that long either.